Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 31 of 61

Re: Mcafee WebAdvisor using 50% cpu

Jump to solution

​,

Like PK I am running 4.0.3.(266)  using Internet Explorer, and not experiencing any issues. Hopefully they can come to a conclusion on what exactly the issue is. It is good to know they took logs.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jd_free
Former Member
Message 32 of 61

Jump to solution

I'm one of those who have problem with the "266" version. I have one user one my computer that have not a lot of experience and webadvisor is helpful to tag some website that should not be visited. For now I've uninstalled webadvisor but I hope the problem will be solved very soon. From my observation, the problem do not occurs at first with administrator priviliges but as soon as someone log with regular user privileges webadvisor start its memory hungry behavior and start downloading continuously something. And of course, if nothing is done, the memory used can reach the whole system memory. I have Windows 8.1 and I use Firefox and Chrome but my regular user use only Internet Explorer.

All that being said, the problem is there for many days now and the problem is still not solved. Something is slow on the McAfee side and something is not taken serioulsy. I think about the people who have not a lot of experience and ask themself what's wrong with their system without being able to find the source of the problem. They will probably ask for help and PAY for it.

Anyway, I know I can't help a lot but I wish you luck.

Peacekeeper
Message 33 of 61

Jump to solution

Unsure I do not see the box but this forum has bags that we hope will be fixed

Peacekeeper
Message 34 of 61

Jump to solution

Maybe they have not thought of using a guest account will check this later when i have time

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 35 of 61

Jump to solution

Would you be willing to allow our 2.5 Technicians to collect logs, and your user  do the same in a effort to resolve these issues?  The more users whom come forward, the better chance for the Engineers to come up with a resolution.

Thank you,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 36 of 61

Jump to solution

I must admit I have never experienced such?  We will report it regardless.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 37 of 61

Jump to solution

Mate can you take a pic of the box that pops up please

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 38 of 61

Jump to solution

jd_free

I have admin rights on my pc and still get the problem

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 39 of 61

Jump to solution

PeaceKeeper

On clicking on a email link today to get to the discussion and then clicking on login, the appropriate login box appeared. So maybe its been fixed. If it happens again and will try and capture it for you.

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 40 of 61

Jump to solution

Sanjay

what  do you mean by "Please follow me to send and receive Private messages"?

I am again having problems logging into this forum. The login box does not appear but there is another box with a couple of files. I seem to remember one was to do with  reports.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community