Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 21 of 61

Re: Mcafee WebAdvisor using 50% cpu

Jump to solution

I'm from Support, would like to connect with you and gather McAfee logs for further investigation. Please follow me to send and receive Private messages.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 22 of 61

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing this issue with version 4.0.3.266. I am running the Anniversary Update of Windows 10 x64, with Chrome and Firefox. I do not have WOT installed.

It does not seem to matter which browser I use, it constantly uses 26% CPU at idle, and 200MB of memory.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 61

Jump to solution

Hopefully One of our Tech 2.5 Engineers will pick up this thread, and add you to the list of others experiencing this issue. Would you be willing to allow them to 'Collect' Logs in a effort to resolve this problem?

All the Best,

Cliff

(  Consumer Products )

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dajiang
Contributor II
Message 24 of 61

Jump to solution

Just to clarify

WebAdvisor version 262 had Affld 649, whilst version 266 had 0

My McAfee Security Center is version 15, Build 15.0.166, Affld 649-1, Language en-gb

McAfee Internet Security  version 14.0, Release Name 14.0.R10

So does it matter if the WebA dvisor Affld differs from the one associated with my Security Center?

I had my online chat with the McAfee people, the first guy said that it was normal for WebAdvisor to be running at 50%.

I told him that cannot be so.

The second guy wanted to run Microsoft upates, but I only install ones which I have checked out.

So we didn't get anywhere with this problem. I have uninstalled WebAdvisor for now so that I can use my laptop without it bombing out 100%

I have always found McAfee support to be lacking in the past. I asked what is the difference between 266 and 262 and the guy said "Its a different version", really, I would never have guessed.

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 61

Jump to solution

Did you allow sanjay to get logs from your machine? He is from support.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 61

Jump to solution

Hi ​,

There was another individual whom experienced the same thing. Is your Software (Security Center/Suite)  provided directly from McAfee? (Affld 0). Any other Affld # is usually 3rd party.  I agree your CPU Usage should not be that high. There are currently Technicians that are gathering logs in a effort to get this issue resolved.

​  Could you kindly add to the discussion please.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
dajiang
Contributor II
Message 27 of 61

Jump to solution

I believe that Mcafee suite came with the laptop when I bought it with a free trial period. I then probably just followed the instructions once the trial period was up and stayed protected, ie pay for it. Its a long time ago now. The laptop is a Sony VPCY11M1E.

The McAfee guy wanted to uninstall my suite and reinstall it. But last time they did that on another pc of mine, they could not get it to install and I had to restore from backup. They blame my machine at the time having system or file errors, but I don't think so.

If others are experiencing the same issues with 266 then the changes between 262 and 266 must be something to do with it. Sometimes mcsacore.exe would run using 50+ % even without opening IE.

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 28 of 61

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper, is Sanjay was on my call the other day I guess he took log info. Is that what you mean?

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 29 of 61

Jump to solution

Another thing, every time I follow a link from an email to this discussion and try and login, A box appear with something like "A minute ago" and I have to go through the process of changing my password every time. Whats that all about?

Peacekeeper
Message 30 of 61

Jump to solution

Yes he will pass thst onto the webadvisor team. Hope they see something. Mine on 266 and no cpu usage of any significance

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community