Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digidi
Former Member
Message 11 of 61

Re: Mcafee WebAdvisor using 50% cpu

Jump to solution

No, I am afraid not Peter.  It came up with some errors and apparently fixed them, but it had no effect on the underlying problem.  I have uninstalled WebAdvisor now and installed WOT.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 61

Jump to solution

That is strange.  I use both WoT and WebAvisor in Firefox and all is well here.  I wonder if it's reacting to another app or maybe if it is trying to reach it's server in the cloud and can't.

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 13 of 61

Jump to solution

I contacted mcafee and the guy has passed it up to the next level. They will contact me on Tuesday 20th Sep 2016.

The only other thing I noticed is that on the original version 4.0.3.262 the Affld was 649, whilst on the updated version 4.0.3.266 the Affld was 0.

I don't know if that has any bearing on anything.

Anybody know about Affld?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 61

Jump to solution

​,

Thank you for that information. I sincerely hope that Support can determine what your issue is. We will be discussing this on our Conference Call later this evening. As for your (Affld #), that determines where your subscription is Purchased/Provided from.

It  being (0) indicates that you must have recently renewed directly from McAfee? Where as your prior (Affld # 649) indicates it was from another source?  And yes this could indeed cause issues, as in some cases third party providers tend to lag behind in their Versions and builds.

Please mention this to the Technician during your Call.

All the very Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 61

Jump to solution

dougk_t3 any ideas?

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 61

Jump to solution

I've spoken to the WebAdvisor team.  Unfortunately, they are not able to reproduce the issue based on the information they have, so they're not sure what the problem is - yet.

As a result, I’ve asked Selvan to reach out to the origianl poster on this thread to troubleshoot and get data for the WebAdvisor team to work with.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 61

Jump to solution

Thank you Doug

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 61

Jump to solution

Thanks Doug

dajiang
Contributor II
Message 19 of 61

Jump to solution

Cliff

As far as I know I have always renewed directly with McAfee. There are no problems with any other aspects of McAfee.

I believe McAfee came with the purchase of the machine in UK..

Don't know If it has any bearing on the matter, but at the moment I am residing in Malaysia

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 61

Jump to solution

​,

Thank you for clarifying that. So that means that you have a clean install of McAfee software in which you renewed Directly. It threw me off, when you mentioned the other Affld #   Please kindly inform us how your session goes with Support.

So we will know whether or not your issues were resolved.

Sincerely,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community