Hi Ex_Brit

Not sure what you mean by dps_mcafee.?

How do do I find out?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 23 of 40

Re: Mcafee Siteadvisor 3.4.0 Memory leak in Firefox 8.0 and 7.0.1

dps_mcafee started the thread so I was asking him if there's been any improvement.

Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 24 of 40

I see,oops....

dps_mcafee
Former Member
Message 25 of 40

I have retried opening Gmail Web emails after enabling Siteadvisor (I assume it updated the version number is the same) and it nolonger eats memory quickly like it did ....... thats the good news....... BUT it does not release all memory when the tabs are closed like firefox does without Siteadvisor enabled.

I have run two tests one with Siteadvisor enabled and opened six tabs with web emails and one without. In each test I closed the tabs and logged out the Gmail account and changed to page to a basic local web page at the end.

I will attach the JPGs.

Partly fixed I would say.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 40

Well I don't think the final fix is in yet, so keep your fingers crossed.  The McAfee person who posted earlier will no doubt be able to clarify that.

dps_mcafee
Former Member
Message 27 of 40

I was trying to add my JPGs of Firefox memory usage to my post when the mcafee site locked up.... I assume that was due to the status changing to "Assume fixed". I don't seem to be able to add JPGs to my post. I will try and add them here .... if I can't I will give up..... time it moving on.

Message was edited by: dps_mcafee on 14/11/11 16:06:47 CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 28 of 40

Not sure why that was, sorry.  I can assure you it wasn't me and the thread remains unsolved.

dps_mcafee
Former Member
Message 29 of 40

Ex_brit - The force must be strong within you your reaction times are super quick.

It seems that your reply, which is very fast, stops the my ability to perform edits on the last post. So if I am in an edit and you reply it locks the site for me and the edit is lost and can not be re-done.

I was cut down whilst drawing my sword!!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 40

Dang, I'd better send that light sabre to the repair shop again.  That's what you get for using cheap batteries..  😉

That's the first time I've heard about that happening.  I had no idea that a simple response would tie up the previous post.

Sorry.  I'll mention that to the forum admin and see what she says.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community