Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 40

Re: Mcafee Siteadvisor 3.4.0 Memory leak in Firefox 8.0 and 7.0.1

I wish someone would respond to my post asking for help...I guess patience is a virtue.

dps_mcafee
Former Member
Message 12 of 40

I am using  XP SP3 on both machines tested. ..... it looks like one other person has the same problem with Vista..... my guess others have it but are unaware of what the problem is....

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 40

Indeed. I'm not seeing it in either Vista or Windows 7 though, strange.  I just wish someone would respond here from that department but with the weekend fast approaching that's unlikely.

If there is no response by Monday I'll bring it up at our Conference Call on Monday afternoon.

Support could have troubleshot this by now most likely.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/11/11 4:26:32 EST PM
mvissche
Contributor III
Message 14 of 40

Hi Everyone,

This issue was brought to our attention earlier today and we recreated it late this afternoon - exactly how it has been described above.  Our teams have put together a fix that is scheduled for QA Monday.  We should have it deployed by early next week.

Thanks all for your help in describing the symptoms - it really helps.

Have a great weekend.

Mark

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 40

Thank you Mark...great news.

Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 16 of 40

Is the issue that mvisshe(Mark) refered to the one I'm experiencing with webmail ?

I had the same problem when opening a message in Hotmail as well.Having disabled SA on both Chrome and FF the problem has stopped.I look forward to this being sorted next week

When this problem first occured yesterday morning I wasn't sure what it was.I was using Chrome and suddenly my Browser froze and it took quite a while to get it back to normal.I did notice on opening tak manager a very usage by Chrome(over 500,000k) and  on the Vista sidebar I had the dual processor gadget so was able to keep an eye on that as well.

I'm sure this problem isn't just relevent to me,I wonder how many other people have had the problem without realising what is causing.

Thanks once again to Ex_Brit who started the ball rolling that there was some kind of problem with Gmail and SA.Without posting on here I probably would have been none the wiser.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 40

You are welcome.  Until Mark posted I had no idea if anyone from SA was reading this so hopefully next week it'll be fixed.

Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 18 of 40

Hi Ex_Brit/All  

I have just restarted my computer after a McAfee Security Center update and then re enabled SA.I then proceeded to open an email message in Gmail and everything seemed stable.

The cpu usage was only around 2 to 5% and the Physical memory usuage was stable at around 48% while reading the message

Not sure if that McAfee Security Center update was a fix for this ongoing problem(as you mentioned it wouldn't be rolled out till early next)

It does seem to have been fixed though.I will keep you updated if I encounter any further problems

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 40

That's interesting, thanks.

Unclepotter
Former Member
Message 20 of 40

Good morning all

As well as the email problem which seems to have been cured I have noticed since yesterdays Security Center Update that the mcshield.exe usage is much smaller.

When my computer was started up the physical memory usage was around 50% (before opening any browser)that has now dropped to around 34%,and the mcshield.exe usage is around 44000k,where as before it was around 100000k.

I am using Vista SP2 with an Intel 2.13 dual core processor and 2GB ram.

I shall keep monitoring things for a few days to see if this remains stable.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community