cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_L
Contributor
Message 61 of 79

RE: Works with Advanced Search and thereafter

Update: it is not working again for me either.
Jordan_L
Contributor
Message 62 of 79

Another Update: It is working again.

All I have to say at this point is: :confused:
Jordan_L
Contributor
Message 63 of 79

Once again, it is not working.
Lorac30
Contributor
Message 64 of 79

Based on history, I've been patiently awaiting (and expecting) your last post. wink Presently, I'm using www.l.google.com, until I can find out the "whys and wherefores".

Carol
Spideriffic
Former Member
Message 65 of 79

The last post I see here is from 5/13, two weeks later the problem is still here. Am using all updated FF, SA, and Vista. I find that the problem is intermittent. Ratings come and go. Sometimes I see the ratings, click on one of the search results, then I click on the back button, and the ratings are gone. What is www.l.google.com? Is that just a different Google server?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 66 of 79

Yes it's just another Google server. I think the problem is localised and intermittent as none of us has experienced it.
Jordan_L
Contributor
Message 67 of 79

I upgraded my pc hardware so I did a clean install of Windows XP. The Mcafee Siteadvisor is working fine now on Firefox with www.google.com. I noticed that when typing in google "mcafee site advisor download" it brings up two results that say, "Mcafee SiteAdvisor - Internet Explorer Download" and "Mcafee SiteAdvisor - Firefox Extension Download". I obviously downloaded the extension for Firefox, I don't know if that is the primary reason why the ratings are working now, but it is working.

If someone hasn't tried this and is currently having problems getting mcafee siteadvisor ratings to appear on www.google.com with Firefox, I would suggest uninstalling mcafee siteadvisor in safe mode, delete the remaining folders in the windows search in safe mode, and install the "Mcafee SiteAdvisor Exention for Firefox".

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mcafee+site+advisor+download&btnG=Search&cts=1243485509597
Lorac30
Contributor
Message 68 of 79

Jordan_L,

It's been my experience, www.google.com only works for a given amount of time. Soon after believing "the problem" has been straightened out, I wind up having to revert back to using www.l.google.com. In my case, I believe the problem is sporadic and will remain so, until "something" changes. Whatever that "something" may be. :rolleyes:

You wrote, "I noticed that when typing in google "mcafee site advisor download" it brings up two results that say, "Mcafee SiteAdvisor - Internet Explorer Download" and "Mcafee SiteAdvisor - Firefox Extension Download". I obviously downloaded the extension for Firefox, I don't know if that is the primary reason why the ratings are working now, but it is working"

Are you saying, you were unaware of the separate downloads? And that you may have originally installed the incorrect plug-in? :confused: If that is the case, I thought I might mention, that when I first installed Site Advisor, I installed the correct plug-ins/downloads for each browser. I'm using the free standalones, which might make our situations different.

With the above said.. I wish you continued success!
Carol
Jordan_L
Contributor
Message 69 of 79

Thanks, yeah it seemed the last time I installed Mcafee SiteAdvisor there was no separate links for Firefox and Internet Explorer in the google search. I don't know if it is a new recent thing to separate the extensions, but I didn't notice it until recently.
Joolz77
Contributor
Message 70 of 79

My Site Advisor was installed as a component of the McAfee Internet Security software suite, so wasn't a separate install. I am sure it originally installed the correct version for FireFox, and am assuming it is updating itself with automatic updates. (?) Firefox lists it as a plug-in and last I checked, it was the latest version. Maybe it will repair itself in a future update. I keep checking here for more info, but I've basically given up on trying to fix it.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community