cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_L
Contributor
Message 41 of 79

RE: I'm having the same problem

I use Firefox 3.0.9 and the latest Mcafee Siteadvisor.

I'm on Windows XP

Mcafee Siteadvisor works fine with Internet Explorer, but I will never use that internet browser.

Mcafee Siteadvisor was working fine with Firefox until the ratings randomly quit working for www.google.com a few nights ago. Like I mentioned, the workaround, www.l.google.com works. Maybe we should start posting this issue on the google forums.

There is a difference now in the www.google.com search. Instead of getting no ratings at all, I get an arrow icon along with an X icon which indicates the ratings are there but not working properly.
Joolz77
Contributor
Message 42 of 79

So, evidently, those icons are for something Google has done. Maybe it's this stuff from Google that has messed up SiteAdvisor for us? I don't remember seeing them until recently, although I may have just not noticed them before.
Jordan_L
Contributor
Message 43 of 79

There must be some problem with www.google.com because when I use www.l.google.com the X and Arrow boxes do not appear, just the mcafee Siteadvisor ratings. I swear I've seen the X and Arrow boxes weeks ago, I don't think it is a new thing. I remember when Mcafee Siteadadvisor would quit working briefly weeks ago and it would fix itself. I also remember seeing my Mcafee Siteadvisor ratings mixed with the google site icons. Until recently, I used AVG 8.0, which also gives site ratings. I liked having a double standard to compare site ratings with.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 44 of 79

Just to explain the various icons one sees, or should be seeing, when doing a Google search in Firefox, assuming Google and everything else is working.

The green circle: WOT browser add-on (optional)
The grey icons: when one is signed into Google these are active
The last green one: SiteAdvisor
mac1975
Contributor
Message 45 of 79

I have the same issue

I use Firefox and I've noticed that after I updated my firefox, Mcafee site advisor does not work all the time. I have to turn if off and on and close the browser. I have completely unistalled it and reinstalled, but no luck.

It works fine with IE. It's just firefox I'm having the issue with. Any ideas?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 46 of 79

RE: I have the same issue

Give it time, it'll fix itself.
Jordan_L
Contributor
Message 47 of 79

Mcafee Siteadvisor is showing ratings again for www.google.com, apparently whatever the problem was has been fixed.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 48 of 79

Thanks for the update. It'll always be a mystery why this was happening in the first place I'm afraid.
Jordan_L
Contributor
Message 49 of 79

lol I guess it was never fixed, I forgot I was using www.l.google.com

www.google.com still doesn't work.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 50 of 79

Oh well, here was I hoping I wouldn't get a headache for a change...!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community