Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 21 of 79

RE: I'm having the same problem

I must admit it has us foxed as we can't reproduce it. Everything is working as it should.

Tech. Support may have better ideas for you, they are actual staff whereas we are mere volunteers here.
Joolz77
Contributor
Message 22 of 79

RE: I'm having the same problem

Yes, it seems odd that, evidently, the problem is not more widespread -- it's odd to me because both computers in my house are having this problem, yet it can't be reproduced. Surely there has to be some common factor among those who are having the problem.

BTW, thank you for your time as a volunteer, Ex_Brit. happy I know what it's like to be a volunteer, both online and in RL. I appreciate what you do.
keithianw
Former Member
Message 23 of 79

It is not isolated just because tons of people are not posting about it on this forum

I am have the EXACT SAME problem. Just started happening after a new version of Firefox was installed lately.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 79

RE: It is not isolated just because tons of people are not posting about it on this forum

Then please contact Tech Support Chat linked at top left of this page or in my signature. The more cases they get the faster it will be fixed.

Joolz77 - thanks.:D
billseymour
Former Member
Message 25 of 79

RE: It is not isolated just because tons of people are not posting about it on this forum

Ex_Brit, did you mention to McAfee the strange item that SiteAdvisor works properly on the l.google.com site? I think that might hold some clue, because probably Google's two sites (servers) must be different in some way from each other to produce this result.

In the same vein, when I use www.google.com from a computer in New York, might I be routed to a dfferent server than the one that handles the same query from your computer located somewhere else?

Just a thought. Thanks for making the effort to inform McAfee. --Bill
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 79

I did mention that. I'm continuing the effort at our next call (Monday) but it would be better for you all to pursue it with Tech. Support so they get a number of cases to work on.

I would imagine that Google have different servers for different areas. Like I use google.ca and you use google.com and the UK people use google.co.uk etc. etc. and I would imagine that each has its own group of servers.

I wonder if all this issue would go away if you cleared your cache completely? Cookies, temp files etc. etc.
Joolz77
Contributor
Message 27 of 79

Late last night, I received the Firefox update mentioned above. No change with the update. I did, however, use the feedback form for Firefox to report the problem there as well. I will contact Tech Support here later today regarding this, too.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 28 of 79

OK, good luck.
LarryJB
Former Member
Message 29 of 79

Update about checking with Tech Support

Thought I'd let all of you that I just got off a chat with Tech Support and the only advice offered was to remove and reinstall Site Advisor. I said that this had been done by me and other forum members and that it didn't solve the problem. The support fellow was pleasant but didn't have anything else to suggest. (I would have attached a copy of the chat but the window closed abruptly.)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 79

RE: Update about checking with Tech Support

They should have offered to escalate the issue. Not sure what to suggest now.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community