cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 17

RE: I figured it out, just uncheck the SI toolbar, under tools.

kramretsel75
What version of SA are you using I haven't a mcsacore file showing any usage. Mine is 3.0.1.149
kramretsel75
Contributor
Message 12 of 17

my version is 2.9, last update is 11-sep-09..

i checked the latest SA but there is a message on the mcafee page that says "Unsupported Browser or Operating System
Thanks for your interest in SiteAdvisor software. Unfortunately, we do not currently support your browser and operating system configuration
"

my OS is Vista Home Premium, i know chrome browser is not supported but Vista Home Premium too?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 17

I have it on my 2.9 - should normally be using 0% CPU and approximately 7mb of memory.

Have you any other similar add-ons installed in the browser that may be competing with it? Or is is it running in Protected Mode? I've found the latter to make my browser almost inoperable at times so I don't use it at all.
To check - click just to the right of the icon and check the pop-up/drop-down menu (depending on browser) that "Enable Protected Mode" is showing.
kramretsel75
Contributor
Message 14 of 17

i disable it before because of this issue (cpu spiking) then i started to use chrome browser as i know it's not supported, i thought it will solve the problem but it didn't.. im still having cpu usage spiking even when using diff browser.

so last night i enable it again and i am still observing it...so far no spiking is happening when using any browser...hope it will continue this way grin
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 17

Well not too sure what to suggest if the spiking resumes other than Technical Support Chat linked at top left of this page.
kramretsel75
Contributor
Message 16 of 17

after 2 day of observation, cpu usage spike again just after i opened chrome browser..

here's the image i capture using the snipping tool..

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 17

Well it obviously doesn't like Chrome. It probably senses a browser and tries to match it but can't of course.

This might be worth reporting as a feedback item directly to the SA team: http://www.siteadvisor.com/userfeedback.html
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community