cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moorrbr1
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

McAfee's Always On Protection

I had to spend over an hour today opting out of something that I don't recall opting into. The always on protection feature. I was sent an email telling me I was about to be charged for another year of SiteAdvisor with out asking for it. Perhaps I didn't pay attention while signing up, because personally I would never want something to be automatically renewed. Suppose I don't like it anymore and try something else and still get charged again for something I don't want. SiteAdvisor has become a not so decent feature anymore, but I won't get into why McAfee upgraded something that was working very well and now doesn't because of the upgrade.

My question is, why can't I simply uncheck a box in my account to opt-out of this, instead of having to go through the hassle of McAfee's Customer Service?
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: McAfee's Always On Protection

Can't help you with Customer Service questions here, sorry. We deal only with Technical Support issues.

You can speak directly with them at 1-866-897-9325 press 4 then 0 between 8am & 8pm Central Time.

It's quite a common feature these days. I have several such renewals each year. I have a feeling that I must have agreed to it at some earlier stage by clicking "I agree" to something I didn't bother to read.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community