cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 1 of 45

McAfee password warning

Why am I getting this warning (see screenshot) across the top of my Chrome browser continuously regarding my amazon.com account?

44 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 45

Re: McAfee password warning

Moved from  General Discussion to McAfee WebAdvisor (formerly SiteAdvisor) > Discussions

The Warning\Prompt is part of your security provided by the Feature McAfee Web Advisor. McAfee WebAdvisor warns you when you have used the same password on two or more different websites.

It is advised that one have a separate Password for each individual account.

One can see what actions Web Advisor has taken on your behalf to protect you. Simply click on the 'Drop down Arrow' beside the (Green) Web Advisor Icon upper right hand corner of your page.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 3 of 45

Your answer doesn't apply because I changed my password this morning and I am still getting the alert. I do no use simple passwords. I use a password generator.

Also, these alerts are occurring on my desktop, but I am not getting the alert on this (my laptop), I used Chrome and have it synced between my two computers.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 45

I see...thank you for your correspondence. It leaves me to wonder why it is occurring on your Desktop, and not on your laptop?  May I ask whom your Password Generator is provided by? You can also seek advice from Technical Support 24\7 at no cost. Phone\Online chat being the most expedient.  https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Also,is 'Amazon' the only website causing the ' Alert' to occur?

All the very Best,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 5 of 45

I found the place where it says to view all threats, but when I click on that I get one of those

"This site can't be reached" pages: mcafee-labs’s server DNS address could not be found.

I was posting on my laptop and now I have come back to my desktop and I logged into the site in question twice and now I'm not getting the alert, so guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

I use LastPass.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 45

Last pass should be compatible   Thank you for the information. I hope it remains that way. I might add that I noticed this article in regards to Amazon customers. Amazon sparks security fears in customer password e-mail alert | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express  I am not stating that this is the culprit, however wanted to make you aware of the article.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 45

You can access the actions taken on your behalf, by clicking on the (Black) arrow beside the (Green) McAfee Icon. Then click on Options\About.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 8 of 45

Thank you for the link about the amazon scare.

There is no black arrow on my computers, either one, but I can access Options/About just by clicking on the icon. I see now where it just gives the numbers. I thought it gave actual details of the alerts.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 45

You are quite welcome. You can access your "Security History', by opening your McAfee Security Center, Navigation\Security History and wait for the Window to open.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 10 of 45

Where do I find navigation\Security History?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community