cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 31 of 45

Re: McAfee password warning

I was right. I am on laptop now. When I logged into amazon.com no pop ups. Then I clicked on Subcribe & Save page within my Amazon account and that McAfee alert popped up warning me about using same password for two places.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 32 of 45

Thank you. So Do you need assistance on only your (Laptop) or ( Desktop) as well? I can ping the Web Advisor Tech to inform him you are ready for assistance, if you so desire?

I went ahead and took the Liberty of contacting the Web Advisor Technican, please follow this thread as he may quite possibly reach out to you.

Thank you,

Cliff\CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 33 of 45

It's doing the same thing on both machines

Peacekeeper
Message 34 of 45

The issue has been passed up the line with the weekend a reply may not come till Monday.  I might try this myself later on today with my amazon account.

Nikilet
Former Member
Message 35 of 45

That would be a good idea. Seems funny, tho, that if it's a problem on my end it would do the same thing on two computers. Altho, maybe not since I use Chrome on both and have them synced.

Guess I wouldn't know but will leave it to the techs.

Peacekeeper
Message 36 of 45

Ok logged into amazon and went to my account and selected Subscribe and save and no popup. Is there another step like one has to actually select an item? I was in firefox. Can you try this in firefox please I want to see if it is a chrome only issue.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 37 of 45

I think it's not surprising with Chrome as the MWA extension on that always seems to be the last to update.   On another thread I read that the latest version for Chrome is 5.x whereas I have 4.x and it doesn't seem to want to update.  The only solution to that is a complete uninstall, reboot and reinstall.

Peacekeeper
Message 38 of 45

It would see each subpage as a different website.  Purely as examples, amazon.com/login and amazon.ca/login would be interpreted as 2 different pages, as would amazon.com/login and amazon.com/preferences.

This the techs reply try firefox  might change 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 39 of 45

Tried reinstalling and got exactly the same version I had before so that suggestion may not help Nikilet.

Time will tell I guess - it'll eventually update itself.

Nikilet
Former Member
Message 40 of 45

I'm back on my desktop now and logged into Amazon in Firefox; then selected my Subscribe & Save where it asked for login again and got the same McAfee alert. I'm sure it will be the same on my laptop.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community