Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 21 of 45

Re: McAfee password warning

In my Chrome that version annotates search results.

Make sure under WA Options this is the case:

Capture.JPG

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 45

BTW that user interface that Catdaddy referred to was mentioned on the assumption you had the full McAfee suite installed.

Perhaps you only have Web Advisor.

After checking the above, make sure the extension is active in Chrome, I believe it now disables things by default.

I use Firefox myself so not sure, but I do have Chrome installed as well.

It may require a system restart to get things going.

Peacekeeper
Message 23 of 45

So you still are getting the alert re password ? asking as WA tech needs confirmation. is this on desktop or laptop.

Nikilet
Former Member
Message 24 of 45

I did check that option you show regarding search.

I've been working between two computers and right now I'm confused. I think this message was occurring on both computers, one a laptop and one a desktop. I did not get the message on my laptop today when I launched chrome.

I have not been on my desktop yet. But I do know that I definitely got that message last night on that computer, and that was after I had uninstalled and reinstalled according to directions given in this post. I'll get back to this post if it's still occurring.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 25 of 45

​,

As Colleague Peacekeeper asked, once you have concluded which device is having issues\or possibly both. Could you please inform us, as we have a Technician from the Web Advisor Team whom is willing to work with you on a resolution to your problem?

Thank you,

Cliff\Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 26 of 45

Yes, I will let you know ASAP.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 45

Thanks

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 28 of 45

I think I might have stumbled on something. I may still have the same problem on my laptop because I don't think I visited amazon.com while I was on there earlier and so far I think that's been the only site where I've gotten this.

I am again on my desktop and sure enough, it came up while on Amazon. But it didn't come up when I first logged into the account. They have a funny thing where even though you are logged in, if you click to go to some of the other areas of your account ( like Subscribe & Save, or Orders, for instance) it will ask for your password again.

Could that be what McAfee is translating as using the same password on two accounts? It still seems strange because it is the same account, but just another area of the account.  Anyway, I'll try this when I boot up my laptop again and let you know if the same thing is still happening on that one.

Peacekeeper
Message 29 of 45

Please do  as the tech is awaiting your result so he can look into the issue.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 45

Thanks....As PK stated the Technician is awaiting.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community