Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 45

Re: McAfee password warning

I am sorry, has been a long day.  In your lower tray, right click and open your McAfee UI, click on Navigation\Security History and a window will eventually open.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 12 of 45

I'm sorry but I'm not following. What lower tray?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 45

Bottom right hand corner by the Clock is your McAfee Security Center Icon. Right click on it, and open.  Or double click your McAfee Desktop Icon and do the same.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 14 of 45

I do not have any McAfee Security Center icon by my clock. I went into Program Files and sent a shortcut of saUI.exe to my desktop but it will not open.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 45

Are you subscribed to a McAfee Software Suite, or simply only using McAfee Web Advisor?

In addition should your McAfee Web Advisor continue to function properly, could you kindly mark this thread answered?

Thank you,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 45

Forget that question for now nikilet.  That is merely a warning which you can dismiss.  It appears that perhaps your version of WebAdvisor is old.  Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall McAfee WebAdvisor.

Go to the following website and download the latest one.   It should no longer give that warning.

McAfee WebAdvisor by Intel Security

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 45

Thanks Peter...I should have mentioned that. Long day.....

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 18 of 45

I uninstalled and reinstalled per your instructions. Am I supposed to be able to click on an icon and access "user interface?" Because I still can not do that.

By the way, I wish to thank catdaddy for all the super help he gave me throughout this day!

P.S. It might have been a mistake to un- and reinstall because it was working fine but now I'm not getting the check marks when I do a search. It's not working.

P.S. #2  I closed down, restarted and now it's working, except I can't access any user interface like catdaddy was explaining.

P.S. #3  That notice is right back again and it concerns me and makes me wonder what is going on. As I explained to catdaddy, I just change the password in question this morning and I generate lengthy passwords through LastPass. What is it that is making McAfee tell me my password has been used before?

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 45

What is the version of Webadvisor you are using. IE click on the black arrow in Firefox or the Webadvisor icon in Chrome if no arrow and select about. the version is mentioned there.

As you have no McAfee suite installed you will not see the GUI that CD was mentioning.

Peter and CD I have emailed the WA tech to have a gander. I do not use chrome so cannot check this.

Nikilet
Former Member
Message 20 of 45

Version is 4.0.4.164

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community