Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
planetsoftware
Former Member
Message 1 of 17

McAfee is blocking our website

Dear McAfee Support Team,

After false positive problems with our software, that was solved some days ago, we realize that McAfee is now blocking our software website (http://www.brmonitor.com.br)

Please, how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Fabio P Junior

Planet Software

16 Replies
hemantk
Former Member
Message 2 of 17

Re: McAfee is blocking our website

Hello

May i know what McAfee Product are u using & what is the version.

Also explain the Issue In details.

planetsoftware
Former Member
Message 3 of 17

Hello Hemant,

Our clients are complaining about this problem to us. We downloaded a trial version of McAfee AntiVirusPlus 2011 to confirm.

We try to access http://www.brmonitor.com.br and have a "block" message, and when uninstall McAfee there is no more problem.

Thanks for any support you can give us!

Fabio P Junior

Planet Software

ajacobs
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 17

Moved to our Home User area. It looks like this is actually a consumer product.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 17

All sorted now, apparently.

brmonitor.com.br - McAfee SiteAdvisor Software – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search.png

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 17

Thread moved to SiteAdvisor and marked as Assumed Answered.

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 7 of 17

I think issue is not yet resolved. Because When I try to access website on my lap, it’s IP address is blocked by McAfee NetGuard.

123.jpg

1234.jpg

whois.jpg

I have checked the website and on SiteAdvisor.com and TrustedSource.org and found both of them showing as it is a trusted website.

trstd.jpg

So it’s clear that IP address of that website is blocked by NetGuard.

Please let us know if you are using a shared web hosting?

planetsoftware
Former Member
Message 8 of 17

Hello,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, we use a shared web hosting (http://www.locaweb.com.br). Please, what can we do in this case?

Thanks again,

Fabio P Junior

Planet Software

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 17

Jayadeep, this is strange. I don't have NetGuard, and I can access the site without any problems.

BRMonitor - Software de Monitoramento (Programa Espião).png

The text in the popup translates (approximately) as "Here you do not pay tuition, annual fee or fee! Purchase now the most complete and secure monitoring software in the market. The license is perpetual, includes technical support and free updates"

I get no blocking messages of any kind, so it's something to do with NetGuard. I'll let you deal with this.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 21/08/11 22:03:01 IST
jaymfe
Former Member
Message 10 of 17

Hi Fabio,

Since you are using a shared hosting, the same IP address may be used by many other websites and some of those websites may contain malicious codes or contents. So the IP address added to block list in Net Guard. I assume same happened in this case.  So What I am recommending right now is please contact your hosting provider and you can ask them to change your website IP address and it may fix the issue. Also If the site you are trying to visit is reported as threatening by Net Guard, youcan dispute the rating by filling out the dispute form at this website:

http://www.mcafee.com/us/mcafee-labs/resources/ip-address-dispute-form.aspx

Hi Hayton,

Yes, Net Guard is available with 2011 version and it help to protect PC from connecting to risky sites, and also blocking incoming connection request from risky sites. Risky sites can be used by hackers and spammers to harm the computer.

on 23/8/11 6:31:17 AM IST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community