cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 21 of 32

Re: McAfee is blocking a site I normally go to.

Jump to solution

OK.  That is a possibility.

By the way OP = original poster

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 32

Jump to solution

Just phone you provider and ask.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 23 of 32

Jump to solution

​ :

You have already said that you cannot connect to the website in any of three browsers.

One of those browsers is Edge, so you are running Windows 10.

You cannot connect even after you went into the Security Center and disabled all the relevant McAfee functions, is that right?

Possibilities, then.

1. Windows 10 - have you applied the Anniversary Update yet? Have there been any other unexplained problems since you upgraded to Windows 10?

2. Proxy server. Are you using a proxy server?

3, Online browser Help - did you look for a solution in the Help sections of Chrome or Firefox? The Firefox message you posted has a section to itself on Mozilla Help, containing a very useful troubleshooting guide -

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/server-not-found-connection-problem

Read through that and pay special attention to the section entitled "No browsers can load websites". If, after trying all the Mozilla suggestions, you still can't connect, then 1) Check for malware. Use more than one anti-malware product, if you wish, to scan your system.  2) Take the Mozilla advice-of-last-resort and go for more assistance to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

madangopalraghu
Former Member
Message 24 of 32

Jump to solution

They said theyr not blocking it

madangopalraghu
Former Member
Message 25 of 32

Jump to solution

Sadly none of these options work

Peacekeeper
Message 26 of 32

Jump to solution

Weird thought have you uninstalled McAfee and rechecked access that would confirm not a corruption of McAfee install? I know you disabled each of Firewall RTS etc but best to check it with nothing on. I assume Your Ip and DNS server are filled out correctly. In network and sharing centre/ Change adapter settings/Ethernet/properties and IPv4 settings

Uninstall McAfee Soltware

madangopalraghu
Former Member
Message 27 of 32

Jump to solution

Will I be able to reinstall mcafee because its only for one computer

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 28 of 32

Jump to solution

Yes, just go to your account page and download it from there.  If there's any problems with that Customer Service will help.

Technical Support/Customer Service

madangopalraghu
Former Member
Message 29 of 32

Jump to solution

I dont have access to the account that bought it because this computer was given as a gift and already came with it. I have a cd though

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 32

Jump to solution

Then use that but you may still have to speak to Customer Service, they will sort out any problems with licensing.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community