cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 41 of 43

Re: Re: McAfee internet security blocking McAfee siteadvisor!!

To be clear, I said the fix will begin rollout late October/early November and it could take a while for your system to get the update becuase the release is throttled so not everyone gets it at the same time. 

You could get it the first day it's available, or it may take a few weeks. I doubt if this means January.

mslpplm
Former Member
Message 42 of 43

Re: Re: Re: McAfee internet security blocking McAfee siteadvisor!!

Dougk_t3:  To be clear, I said the fix will begin rollout late October/early November, (As I have Written)  not everyone gets it at the same time.  You could get it the first day it's available may take a few weeks. I doubt (This Could Mean January) if this means January.  so not everyone gets it at the same time.  Put My Name Forward To Be At The Top Of The List, The First Day! October/Early November.  Again, as reply 33; which could mean it'll take a month or so after October/early November; doubt means Uncertainty.  This may, could, possibly will, might be January 2015!!

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 43 of 43

Re: Re: Re: McAfee internet security blocking McAfee siteadvisor!!

If the fix involves a change to the core code of a McAfee product, and not to SiteAdvisor, then what DougK said means that the McAfee update will first be released to customers in one or two geographical areas. This allows for feedback of any problems or glitches, without inflicting those problems on everyone all at once. If that goes well, the release of the new version continues, geographical area by geographical area. So Australia and New Zealand might go first, followed by Japan and East Asia, then Europe ... that's how it goes. Doug won't necessarily know in advance who gets it first or in what order everyone else will follow.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community