cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mslpplm
Former Member
Message 1 of 43

McAfee internet security blocking McAfee siteadvisor!!

McAfee siteadvisor is always grey, whatever website I visit!

I un-installed McAfee internet security, (leaving siteadvisor installed, to be un-installed at a later date).  Surprise surprise McAfee siteadvisor rating changes to green.

Re-installed internet security, siteadvisor stays grey!! on any website I visit. When internet security on, Updates up-to date.

Again un-installed internet security, siteadvisor rating changes to green.  Also, safety ratings work green/amber/red, as they should.

At present NO Internet Security!!

I should have!? (emphasis on "should have") installed McAfee total protection.  Can McAfee help myself?

Windows xp service pack 3.

42 Replies
SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 43

Re: McAfee internet security blocking McAfee siteadvisor!!

not sure what your question is?

What version of Internet Security are you using?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 43

I would say it's more important to have the suite up and working rather than SiteAdvisor alone, however, I think what you are seeing is a problem with intermittent server delays.

I would uninstall your remaining SiteAdvisor, run the MCPR cleanup tool, reboot and then reinstall everything from scratch from your online account.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 43

Moved thread to SiteAdvisor for clarity.

mslpplm
Former Member
Message 5 of 43

As in the original question, internet security - total protection.

Also, Internet explorer 8, xp cannot use IE9.

Google chrome browser version 37.0.2062.120m

Internet security not compatible with siteadvisor

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 43

Re: Re: McAfee internet security blocking McAfee siteadvisor!!

Hi

Please provide the below details to proceed further.

Site Advisor version when Internet Security is Installed.

Site Advisor version when Internet Security is not Installed

Also indicate whether you Unchecked Site Advisor component (Custom Installation) while Re-installing Internet Security. This is because if you already have SA without MIS then Reinstalling MIS will over write existing Site Advisor with the new one.

mslpplm
Former Member
Message 7 of 43

I have uninstalled SiteAdvisor, ran the latest version of MCPR rebooted then reinstall everything from scratch from online account. Carried out several times, siteadvisor & internet security working, However, when I switched off my computer, then I came back to it, siteadvisor is always grey.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 43

Total Protection & Internet Security Suite are two different suites but they both already include SiteAdvisor, so not sure why you are dealing with yet another SiteAdvisor, that's why I suggested a complete clean out and reinstall..  I think Safeboot meant what version of SecurityCenter is it, - open it and click About.  The highest version that XP can go to would be 12.8.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 43

Sorry, posts overlapped.  When you say restart do you mean complete shut down and reboot, or simply resume from hibernation?   That could be the issue.

mslpplm
Former Member
Message 10 of 43

complete shut down and reboot.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community