Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: McAfee giving False information

The site you found is likely to be the only one that actually blacklists you, but their findings may well be picked up and used by others. That's how it works.

I'll continue to look into this for a while longer.

btw, if you are trying to find a contact number for vpsville in the UK you're going to have your work cut out : it's not just the servers which appear to be virtual. You might have a better chance of getting an answer to any questions you have from Igor Divjak, who is by contrast all over the place ... just use Mr G to see what I mean.

The main info I have on the UK operation shows an 0870 number for the hosting provider (UK Dedicated Servers Ltd) and that's about all. vpsville don't show up on the radar at all, at least not by that name; any contact details are probably to be found under the name of a parent or holding company.

Take a look at http://website.informer.com/vpsville.co.uk especially the Stats & Details.

Message was edited by: Hayton : I took out a statement that vpsville support is not site-based : support staff are issued with Blackberrys. Not the same thing. - on 18/02/12 10:32:01 GMT
squeen
Former Member
Message 12 of 19

Well its Tuesday and I still have not heard back from the email I sent ...

Now my host is playing hardball saying they will delete my account because I posted about their disgusting support in an online hosting forum. 

The host said nothing to me at all - I was totally being proactive about this and I'm the one losing out!

What a joke!   All started because McAfee is providing inaccurate / outdated information.

Message was edited by: squeen on 2/21/12 8:29:37 AM CST

on 2/21/12 8:29:52 AM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 19

Passed the IP onto Peter he will look futher when he has the spare time.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Just got the PM.

This is getting way too serious for dealing with on the forums. Poster squeen, you need to get in touch with support@siteadvisor.com and flag this as urgent. Give them this url and tell them to read the posts. If you've posted elsewhere, point them to the relevant thread(s) so they can have the full background.

If I'd had the IP address at the start this might not have got messy.

squeen
Former Member
Message 15 of 19

I emailed them an email on Friday and havent heard back.

And yes I posted elsewhere about this issue - over on webhostingtalk.com.   This hosting company is insanly unprofessional and I have no intentions of staying on with them.   I was just going to hope that they would refund me 9/12 of my money I paid them, but knowing what Ive went through with them his weekend I doubt I will.   I'll have to pass it on to my lawyer to go after them.

I know for a fact I have never done anything wrong, and they couldn't care less about the specifics - heck if I hadnt approached them about the issue they'd have never known about it.   Companies like that dont deserve to be in business!

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 19

The magic-net scan showed your IP address as being blacklisted in only one place : blackholes.five-ten-sg.com?

http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist/five-ten-sg

blackholes.five-ten-sg.com is generally thought of to have a high false positive rate, making it a viable candidate for score based systems, but not a good match for direct and outright blocking. One reason for the high rate of false positives is their position that "bulk mailers that don't require closed loop confirmation opt-in from all their customers." be listed by default. This means that there is high chance many thousands of senders are listed, though they have never sent a single piece of spam. The senders are listed because they have chosen to not mandate a double opt-in process for mailing lists and marketing mailers.

The policies of any DNS based blacklist are entirely up to the maintainer of the blacklist. blackholes.five-ten-sg.com should be looked at with caution if to be used on a commercial or public email server in which delivery of legitimate email is of high importance. For a personal server, in which you are at liberty to control only your own personal mail, blackholes.five-ten-sg.com may be a more appropriate match.

Now I have your details I can investigate in more depth. I'll find what I can but you need to be talking to whoever is blacklisting the IP and to SiteAdvisor and/or TrustedSource - use the link I provided earlier.

Edit - For a site rating there is also sites@siteadvisor.com

Message was edited by: Hayton on 21/02/12 21:29:34 GMT
squeen
Former Member
Message 17 of 19

Right as I was sending the new email I just got an email message from sites @  saying >

XX.XXX.XX.XX is now Green in SiteAdvisor and it will be adjusted to Minimal Risk web reputation in Trusted Source.

However when I view this page >  http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/ip/default.aspx?ip=XX.XXX.XX.XX

It still shows the old domains from 2010 and the bad info, abliet with the new safe rating.

Now to try and get my money back from VPSville - absolutely horrible support - I swear!

Thank you for your help Hayton, as somone who doesnt do those type of things and works hard, this sure has caused me a lot of stress this weekend. 

Feel free to contact me if you find any more info on who was doing these things so I can forward that to my attorney if need be.

on 2/21/12 3:36:00 PM CST
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 19

I can only tell you what I find that relates to the adverse McAfee site rating. What you do with that information is up to you. If you have a dispute with your service provider I will not be taking sides, I'm afraid.

I'll see what I can turn up and will post later.

squeen
Former Member
Message 19 of 19

Yes sir, I totally understand that.   Me and VPSville have already come to a amicable break in our relationship.  Sucks that I've had to do go through this and sucks for them losing a customer, but it is what it is.   At least they will now have a clean IP to resell. 

Thanks!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community