Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 17

Re: McAfee WebAdvisor not compatible with Firefox browser multiprocess

Nothing to add other than they are working on it. These things take time.

abmchi
Former Member
Message 12 of 17

1- most recent version, eg 4.0.6.149 [latest] for 64bit win7, work in firefox,

BUT in add-on manager you see "McAfee Webadvisor Legacy",

and clicking on 'more' yields the following info:

"Note: Starting in Firefox 57, which will be released in November 2017, only add-ons built with this new technology will work in Firefox. These are indicated by the "Compatible with Firefox 57+" label on addons.mozilla.org (AMO). Add-ons built with the old technology are labeled "Legacy" in the Add-ons Manager (about:addons) tab.

If an add-on does not have the "Compatible with 57+" label or has the "Legacy" label, the developer may be in the process of transitioning to the new technology. ..."

I'm currently using FF 55.0.2 (64bit)

Hopefully McAfee will be better informed of FF changes and have transitioned b4 november... until the 4.0.6137 or later versions, i couldn't get FF webadvisor to work in FF.

AC

p.s. Peter, given a previous issue w/webadvisor, i wanted to copy catdaddy [who assisted then] on this post but unclear to me how one add's a cc to a post...perhaps you can forward

abmchi
Former Member
Message 13 of 17

addendum----meant to paste this, which gives the full explaination of Mozzila-Found FF new system:

Firefox add-on technology is modernizing | Firefox Help

my apologies

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 17

Hi ​,

Thank you for the input All you have to do is type in ​ since I am subscribed to this thread.

We are aware of the *Legacy* Add-ons Compared to the new *Compatible* ones. Supposedly starting in FF57.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
junk_cia_man_ju
Former Member
Message 15 of 17

So I hope McAfee will fix the Firefox Addon in the nearer future, because otherwise Firefox User will loose the URL McAfee-Checker

dougk_t3
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 17

WebAdvisor 4.0.6 (WA 4.0.6.157.1) supports multi-process in Firefox, and is available on www.mcafee.com/mcafeewebadvisor (siteadvisor.com).

junk_cia_man_ju
Former Member
Message 17 of 17

This is how it should be... Thanks McAfee

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community