Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 16

Re: McAfee Web Advisor Stopped Working in Internet Explorer 11

Jump to solution

I also used Internet Explorer 11 myself for many years. Without any incident or infection, and loved the way it rendered pages and so on. Since this change brought on by Microsoft I have switched to Firefox. Thank you for your input.

All the Very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
hhh03
Former Member
Message 12 of 16

Jump to solution

I called McAfee support recently. The gentleman informed me that WebAdvisor will no longer work on IE 11 nor have any plans to make it functional again. Other security suites that offer similar features as Mcafee WebAdvisor still work correctly. It would seem Mcafee/Intel could make modifications to this program so it will function again. Microsoft Edge and IE 11 are  part of Windows 10... being told to use a third party browser because someone doesn't want to redesign WebAdvisor so it will work with IE 11 isn't a solution. 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 16

Jump to solution

​,

Please read the following thread, it explains everything;

cavehomme,

You are correct that the reduced functionality of WebAdvisor's add-on for IE was at the request of Microsoft. 

As catdaddy posted in another thread "Please read this FAQ: https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=en-US&art icleId=TS102584"

At this point there is nothing we can do about this reduce feature set for IE; if you want WebAdvisor's full functionality, you'll need to use either Chrome or Firefox.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
hhh03
Former Member
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

Obviously since Microsoft caused the problem with McAfee WebAdvisor not working in IE 11, then Microsoft should not allow other security suites (Norton, Kaspersky, etc.) to have a working version of their WebAdvisor in their software either.  I personally like McAfee products and SiteAdvior was the very first extension that offered web page ratings.  Other security suites shouldn't have an unfair advantage with their versions of WebAdvisor functioning correctly.  Hopefully, Microsoft will change its decision concerning McAfee WebAdvisor.  I thank you for informing me of the cause of problem. 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 16

Jump to solution

​,

You are quite welcome   Actually I was a Internet Explorer user as well. Now I use Firefox as my default browser.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution

Locking this thread as it has been 'Correctly Answered'.

By

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community