cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_179585
Former Member
Message 1 of 1

McAfee Software Update problem

My home page in Firefox is Google.  When I got home from work today I entered a search term and Google responded with a pop-up saying something like they detected unusal activity from my computer or network (dont remember which) and I need to enter the CAPTCHA code to continue.  I entered it and they let me continue.  However, this got me worried and so I thought to run a full scan.  Here's the problem - when I click on the McAfee shield I get a pop-up message saying "Updates to your McAfee products were installed. Restart your pc to complete the update".  I restarted the pc 5 times and I keep getting that same message.  I tried right-clicking on the shield and I get the same message for every option I click on.  I cant do ANYTHING without getting that message.  I did some searching at McAfee and donwloaded and installed the "McAfee Virtual Tecnician" which is supposed to anaylize the McAfee products for problems.  The download and installation went OK - but when I run it and it starts to scan for problems I get this error message "McAfee Virtual Technician Application has stopped working" and Windows checks for problems but cant resolve it so it closes the program.  I'm running Windows 7 for about 6 months now and up until to day never had any problem with McAfee.  Anybody else experience anyhting similar to this?  I wrote to McAfee support and they say they will answer within 2 business days.  My pc might implode by then!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community