cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

McAfee SiteAdvisor not working

I can't figure this thing out at all. It looks like I've got three different things installed, yet they all seem to do the same thing.

Google Chrome settings show McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing, SiteAdvisor Enterprise and WebAdvisor. All three are enabled.

I show 3 different icons on my browser bar.

I have never used Yahoo search and don't even know how the page popped up. However, as you can see by the screenshots attached, Yahoo search is showing the safety icon ratings and Google search is not.

Can anyone help me sort out this very confusing situation?

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee SiteAdvisor not working

Have you got this showing in the WA options?

Ie tell me is a search result is safe etc

Ok re three things installed

1 I assume some time in the past you got a popup  saying do you want to use secure search . I gather from the 1st installed item you did.

To remove it two ways

I tried all the above with no luck.  Even after rebooting, Secure Search kept coming up as default browser.

What DID work - I had to set one of the other browsers as "default" first.  THEN the "remove" button for Secure Search became enabled and I was finally able to remove it.

Hope this helps someone else with this issue!

2. remove webadvisor and reinstall it from the mcafee site. This will remove secure search and then "Do not select secure search when it pops up a warning"

Re siteadvisor enterprise this is the corporate version so have you virusscan enterprise installed or the consumer version or no McAfee suite?

depending on the answer I would remove this item via programs and features.

Webadvisor is enough.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Moved from  Consumer to McAfee WebAdvisor (formerly SiteAdvisor  > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Nikilet
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

I discovered this last night on my other computer and I "think" they are both working now. if that proves to be wrong I will get back to you. Thanks a bunch for answering.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

If you feel the issue is fixed can you please mark this as answered.

By both working is this both versions of SA / WA? You really need only 1 installed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community