Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joylogy
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

McAfee SiteAdvisor Version

Hi,

I have two queries regarding SiteAdvisor as follows:

1. I am using McAfee SiteAdvisor Plus.But it was not getting updated through the McAfee Security Center tray icon.But when I clicked on the "Get Latest Version" in the Browser toolbar, then it displayed some message that to upgrade to 2.8.304 from 2.8.255. So I downloaded the setup and then installed manually the new version 2.8.304.
So I would like to know that do I need to update SiteAdvisor through the browser tool only?

2. In the SiteAdvisor setting I have checked the option "Show site ratings with search results". Now I get a green tick mark, yellow exclamation or a red cross for the search links.
But when I mouseover on the tick mark it display the results as "Site Advisor" only and not "Site Advisor Plus" And at the end of the popup there is an arrow with a link "Upgrade to SiteAdvisor Plus". Why it is so? I am confused that whether I am using the correct version or not .Please help
8 Replies
joylogy
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

No reply to my queries??

Have I posted my queries in a wrong forum?? I am waiting for 2 days for reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 9

RE: No reply to my queries??

Sorry, but these forums are manned, for the most part, by unpaid volunteers like myself.

Often when downloading Siteadvisor (Plus or regular) you will start off with version 255. It will update automatically and silently within 24-48 hours, or you can hasten that by right-clicking the small arrow to the right of the icon and selecting "Get Latest Version".

SiteAdvisor Plus is part of your account, assuming you have Totsl Protection or similar, so you would go to your McAfee account page to download it. It may not be listed separately so you would then select whatever the package name is and then use the Customize feature to install only that component.

But when I mouseover on the tick mark it display the results as "Site Advisor" only and not "Site Advisor Plus" And at the end of the popup there is an arrow with a link "Upgrade to SiteAdvisor Plus". Why it is so? I am confused that whether I am using the correct version or not .Please help

That's normal...it's a standard reaction common to both versions of Siteadvisor.
joylogy
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I would definitely re-install only SiteAdvisor Plus once again.

But for the 2nd query isn't it odd that although SiteAdvisor Plus is installed, it would still display SiteAdvisor in the rating?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

RE: Thanks a lot

I agree, but was told that they thought it a minor matter....so I doubt that'll change until perhaps the next major version update.
joylogy
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Thanks once again. I really appreciate the way you reply to all the members' queries. Before subscribing to mcaffe forum, I was going through a couple of posts in various sub forums of mcafee as guest and found almost all of the replies from you as very satisfying, helpful and open. And all these inspite of you being an unpaid volunteer. Hats off to you..
And thanks once again...will bother you some other day with some other mcafee issues.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 9

LOL. Thanks and good luck.;)
joylogy
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

After the reinstallation of Site Advisor from my mcafee a/c ...I am happy to say that the message "Upgrade to SiteAdvisor Plus". is not coming in the rating popup. Have you guys fixed that or what?

But another odd behavior is happing in Firefox3.Sometimes the SA toolbar displayed at the top sometimes at the bottom of the browser...happening automatically...It happened after the reinstall, although IE is fine. Is there any setting regarding this?
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

They must have altered the pop-up behaviour although noone has said anything to us about it.

Sometimes the icon will appear in its own toolbar at the top in Firefox right after a fresh installation. It will update within 24-48 hours and should then appear in the default, bottom right position.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community