cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cynic1947
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

McAfee Site Advisor

Is it possible to install McAfee Site Advisor without the toolbar or put it on an existing tool bar? My browser already has enough toolbars.

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: McAfee Site Advisor

Moved this to SiteAdvisor's own section.  Is this the free version or SiteAdvisor Live?

If you right-click on the toolbars at the top and unlock them you should be able to drag and drop the icon to whereever you want it to be.

Re-lock the toolbars when finished.

It depends on the browser of course.  Dragging and dropping isn't possible in Firefox for instance.

cynic1947
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Thanks, nice try but it didn't work; the icon wouldn't move. It's the free version.

Cynic1947

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Hi cynic1947,

Please note that disabling this security feature of site advisor is not recommended but if you still wish to do it on Internet explorer .

Click on the tab - View

Click on tool bar

Uncheck the option McAfee SiteAdvisor

i have attached a screen shot for your easy reference

Site Advisor tool bar.JPG

Thanks

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Which browser are you using? As Ex_Brit said, it might be possible to move the SiteAdvisor element into another toolbar, but it depends on the browser. It's not advisable to visit websites in ignorance of their safety rating, so I don't think you should uninstall or disable SiteAdvisor.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 9

Also what options do you see when you click the little arrow or space to the right of the toolbar icon and select Options?

cynic1947
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

McAfeeprintscreen.jpg

I certainly don't want to disable it .  I'm using IE8.

regards,

Cynic1947

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I more or less abandoned IE for Chrome, but I've dusted it off to check where the McAfee toolbar goes on my IE8. See below - it's not taking up a whole line by itself, so you could move it to share a line with something else.

SiteAdvisor toolbar.JPG

cynic1947
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

That's exactly what I want to do, but how?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community