Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cowcat
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Site Advisor

Jump to solution

Apologies - I am completely lost!   I want to report a website as possibly unsafe to McAfee Site Advisor, but cannot see how I can do this.   Would much appreciate some help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Site Advisor

Jump to solution

You might as well post it here. No one will ever see it if you post it in the SiteAdvisor comments (unless you goof up).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

You might as well post it here. No one will ever see it if you post it in the SiteAdvisor comments (unless you goof up).

cowcat
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

thank you AlphaCentauri!

Basically when I googled something (I forget what), one of the websites that came up was called chirdeo.com.   It had the big green tick of McAfee SiteAdvisor beside it - suggesting it was okay - but some of the material under the main heading looked pretty unsavoury.   Like the site had been hacked or something, and I just wanted to report it.

AlphaCentauri
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

I can't load it, but I can see what you mean from the Google entries.  The site seems to be about childbirth and raising children, but those keywords they're listing aren't referring to kittens. 

The domain is a couple years old, but the registration is privacy protected.  The host is OVH, which from my experience is pretty useless about relaying information to their customers about their sites getting hacked.  It looks like the website is mainly in Polish. 

You can try going to PrivacyProtect.org, entering information in their webform and asking them to forward the information to the domain owner. If the domain isn't abandoned, it would be a shame for them to get a red rating from McAfee that will take months to resolve, especially if they are already in the process of fixing it (explaining why the site is not responding when I try to load a page).  Rating it at mywot.com would be appropriate; then you can return later and update it when it's fixed.

There are a ton of legit sites getting hacked right now as part of this Lizamoon attack. If you're using Internet Explorer, change to something else like Firefox, and use the Noscript add on with that.

cowcat
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Loads of helpful ideas there - will get onto it.   Thank you very much for that!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community