cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcferrell
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

McAfee Site Advisor plugin causes Firefox 4.0 to fail to refresh on new tabs.

Firefox 4.0 and at least 1 previous version does not refresh (when the refresh button is clicked) on new tabs, when McAfee Site Advisor is installed.

When the extension is disabled it works fine. Since I have been using both for some time, I'm fairly sure this behaviour started within the last 2 Firefox releases.

I posted this on Firefoxe's community forum and was informed that it is a McAfee problem.

Currently I have had to disable the plugin until a fix is provided for this.

1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

Re: McAfee Site Advisor plugin causes Firefox 4.0 to fail to refresh on new tabs.

Moved to SiteAdvisor.

It's been reported a number of times and I know that they are working on it.   There is also a problem in IE9 in 'Compact View' with the icon sometimes covering the navigation tabs at the top right corner.

There's an announcement regarding one known issue at the top of this section on how to get the latest version of SiteAdvisor or here:  http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101144

However even that version has some of the problems.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 29/03/11 4:51:53 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community