cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IngDon
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

McAfee Site Advisor green arrows?

After a MS update, once again the green arrows from my McAfee Site Advisor have disappeared from my Google page.  How do I get the green arrows back?  After dealing with a virus recently, I've found them very handy.  Please help!

Labels (1)
8 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: McAfee Site Advisor green arrows?

Hi,

Check whether the siteadvisor addons have been disabled ?

Open IE , click tools - manage addons and check whether mcafee siteadvisor add ons are enabled ? If not enable them

Regards,

Dinesh K

SoCalGal
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Today, the green arrows disappeared from my Google search results.  This happens from time to time.  I notice the green arrows appear in the "Sponsored" ad links, but not in other results.  Why is that?

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Hi ,

Could you please update us with the following information;

What is the version of Internet explorer ?
What is the operating system  ?
Was your McAfee updated to the newer version ?
Please open security center , click Navigation - click About and provide us with the versio of Siteadvisor .

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Community Moderator

SoCalGal
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Thank you Dinesh, answer to your questions:

IE 8

Windows XP

SiteAdvisor 3.2.0.152

SoCalGal
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

I did not hear anymore on this topic.  However, the green arrows started appearing again.  What causes the intermittent service, and can I proactively fix it?

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

How long do you wait for the SiteAdvisor rating icons to appear? When I do a Google search, there is always a pause before they appear on my search results page; sometimes quite a long pause. I find that they almost always appear promptly if I just refresh the results page. I suspect it comes down to how much traffic the McAfee servers are dealing with at any particular time.

Message was edited by: Hayton, fixing typo on 22/10/10 20:34:43 IST
SoCalGal
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Thank you for considering my issue.  I am familiar with the pause, but it did not matter how long I waited, at that time the green arrows did not appear in regular Google search results. What was especially odd, though, was that they appears in the Sponsored Ads.  So, I am guessing the problem was the SiteAdvisor program relating within Google somehow.

Not a problem now...but as this is not the first time the green arrows have disappeared for a day or two...am just wondering if there is something "proactive" I can do to get them back, as opposed to just waiting awhile.

SoCalGal
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

Here I am again, SAME PROBLEM.  Different computer, but again the green arrows and toolbar box are DEAD.  It's been 3 days.  Cannot get it to work on either IE or Firefox. Everything is enabled.  Checked for updates, have current version. Have cleared cache.  Not sure what else to do on my end?  Since this is recurring, there must be SOMETHING causing it?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community