cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adzjmz
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

McAfee Site Advisor - Question about it.

Hello so i am new to this program, so i recently downloaded McAfee Site Advisor, Than the next day when i logged into my computer the program changed to McAfee Web Advisor? the UI even changed, and it even changed the uninstaller also, i got really worried because i thought it was malware or some form form of a virus? i did a scan with my AV and anti malware and nothing picked up.

Is this normal?

7 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: McAfee Site Advsior Question about it.

You can be self assured, it is Legitimate. You can learn more about it Here:SiteAdvisor has new features and a new look

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
adzjmz
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Hello mate thanks for the reply, thanks i got a bit worried because as i was uninstalling it it said "this program has scanned 20 websites" are you sure you want to uninstall.

its just strange because i installed it on my brothers computer and dad, and there program was still Site Advisior. but on my computer it was called 'Web Advisor" as originally it was named Site Advisor.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

No need to be concerned. It will eventually change on their machines also. It has more 'Robust' features and Personally I like it. Quite possibly one of my Colleague's will pick up this thread,and add to the discussion.

Am in a hurry at the present time....

Cheers

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Re: McAfee Site Advisor - Question about it.

not all installations have switched yet as McAfee/Intel are in the midst of the change.   Machines using software provided by their ISP's or by their PC maker may take the longest to get it as they are often behind the rest in getting upgrades through no fault of ours.

adzjmz
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

hey guys thanks for making it clear, i really appreciate it 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 8

No problem, good luck 😉

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

You are perfectly welcome. Sorry for the delayed reply, been out of town.

All the best

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Edited by Moderator to add more content.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community