cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 11 of 18

Re: McAfee Scanner Service in Task Manager showing high CPU Usage

Actually, if you could contact your tech I would appreciate it.  I don't need resolution immediately.  If based on the 2 people I spoke with shows how technical support online will handle it, I'd rather go with a different avenue.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 18

If it has temporarily resolved your issues, I would leave it off. You have other layers of protection as well.

Good Luck, Hopefully our Resident Tech can be available. Having your Service Request number available would help immensely.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 13 of 18

Nope, didn't work.  It's hard to do something on the PC and then look at the Task Manager as it always pops back when you are doing something else.  I got a reading of 19% usage then incrementally up to 60% and back down.  Sigh.  I was hoping it would get taken care of.  If not I will see what the resident tech can do.  I do have the service request number of the last contact as I saved the email.

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 14 of 18

This has still been happening intermittently.  I hoped the resident tech would have got back to me by now, but I haven't heard anything.  I did have the case escalated on the phone before and I have a number but no solution came up.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 18

I'll alert a person who knows a lot about this.

dougk_t3 any ideas?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 18

I also moved this discussion to WebAdvisor, as it's a better spot for it than General Discussions.

xboxerj
Contributor III
Message 17 of 18

I appreciate the help, thank you.

Devi_ous
Contributor
Message 18 of 18

I was wondering if this ever found a solution. I to am having this same problem on a laptop that is far beyond for letting this happen. I have tried this solution along with a few more. Any help would be so helpful! 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community