Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfry77
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: McAfee Changing my Chrome Search Engine

Jump to solution

Where?! I cannot find any settings I can change. Going back to Norton if McAfee cant fix this now.

deivimore
Contributor II
Message 12 of 19

Jump to solution

BEWARE MACFEE INTALLS A PUP (WEBADVISOR) USELESS, THAT MAKE YOU PRINCIPAL SEARCH ENGINE : YAHOO

sivasubramanian
Message 13 of 19

Jump to solution

@deivimore

This happens due to McAfee "Secure Search" is selected in Chrome after installing WebAdvisor. You can change the same by following the below steps. Screenshot 

1. Open Chrome
  2. At the top right, click More 3 dots  > Settings
  3. Under Search engine select Google 

default search engine.png

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Luisptmdf
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Jump to solution

But, no matter what you do, the search engine eventually goes back to Yahoo. This is so annoying...

sivasubramanian
Message 15 of 19

Jump to solution

@Luisptmdf

Perform the steps as per our article McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine and update us the status.

Regards
Siva

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
Luisptmdf
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Jump to solution

Thanks for the message.

I had already switched my default search engine to Chrome (once again).

I will unselect the checkbox next time - thanks a lot for that.

In any case, it is annoying that this can't be changed through McAfee settings and that the same decision must be taken every 90 days... it is NOT at all user-friendly...

lmedina376
Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Jump to solution

I can't find the web advisor icon... ugh

sivasubramanian
Message 18 of 19

Jump to solution

@lmedina376 

We request you to perform the steps as per our article McAfee WebAdvisor changed my search engine and update us the status. Also, we would like to check whether the WebAdvisor is unpinned in the browser and below screenshot will help in this regard.

WebAdvisor Pinned.png

Regards
Siva

EdgarRodalv
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Jump to solution

Doesn't work. I already canceled my McAfee. What do I have to do to cancel your choice of search engine???

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community