cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWH803
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Many temp files like sqlite_4sPAg6Np5TlafHz

In C:\WINDOWS\Temp there are 150+ small files beginning “sqlite_’ that accumulate over time. Of these 150+ files, generally three have the same creation date. The current “in use” manifestation is “locked” by the Free McAfee SiteAdvisor service executable: McSACore.exe v2,9,0,239.

Are these temporary files evidence of a failure of McSACore.exe to clean up after itself at termination or are these files saved for reuse to improve performance?

If the latter they should be, I would say, not kept in a temporary folder.

SQLite seems to be a handy, portable public-domain-database engine according to wikipedia. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQLite Other references show SQLite also being used by malware data loggers to collect data prior to forwarding to evil-doers.

In my XP SP3 Home IE7 environment, the following are representative of this file group beginning with the newest and ending with the oldest:

sqlite_4sPAg6Np5TlafHz 1KB created=1/3/2009

sqlite_RhUaj3Zr3kYgfaq 1KB created=11/6/2008
2 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

RE: Many temp files like sqlite_4sPAg6Np5TlafHz

These are files that are used my the Siteadvisor and are safe.. if left alone they will get replaced or deleted by themselves and must not bother they are typically in the order of 1 KB size only.

NOTE: these files cannot be deleted in the normal fashion and would get removed and replaced when Siteadvisor uses the files as and when required)
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

RE: Many temp files like sqlite_4sPAg6Np5TlafHz

Thanks for the explanation of the "sqlite_" files.

I like CCleaner to clean out C:\WINDOWS\Temp Folder of un-needed files:
http://www.ccleaner.com/download
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community