cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Goff
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

MS Edge evokes a McAfee block to my website

My website  carillontower.org.uk works well on Chrome, IE and Firefox, but on Edge it evokes a block from McAfee Internet Security. The block then stops the others accessing the site. 'Restore Defaults' re-established access for all but Edge. Equally turning off Net Guard for Edge after restoring defaults allows all to access the site happily.

But I don't want to disable Net Guard, and site users will come up against this problem.

Why only Edge? And what's supposed to be wrong with this site? 

5 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 6

Re: MS Edge evokes a McAfee block to my website

Hello @Goff 

We are so sorry that McAfee blocks carillontower.org.uk on MS Edge. We will help sort out the issue.

Could you please help us with McAfee and MS Edge Version?

Regards,
Madhan M

Goff
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks Madhan. Versions are McAfee ver 16.0 and Edge ver 84.0.522.52. Full details in pics attached.

Other sites in which I am involved also have this problem - must be something I've written. The other sites are https://www.loughborough-rollofhonour.com/ (same host as https://carillontower.org.uk/) and https://www.loughboroughpastandpresent.org/

Regards,
Goff

edge_ver.jpgmcafee_ver.jpg

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 6

Hello @Goff 

Thanks for the information. Please follow the below McAfee Article that will help sort out this issue.

Net Guard blocks access to specific websites if ratings are not trustworthy

Please let us know once the issue gets sorted out or if you need any further help.

Regards,
Madhan M

Goff
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Madhan,

Went to the article and followed instructions. Reply came back "minimal risk" which I assume is as near to no risk as possible, like "kills 99% of household germs". 

I have not contested this. Should I?

Can I point out that it is only MS Edge that causes this problem.

Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hello @Goff 

You are right. It is causing issues only on Edge[Chromium]. Please remove the extension from Edge and re-add, check if it fix the issue. 

If you have the Ticket number that you raised in trustedsource.org, you can send an e-mail to sites@mcafee.com with the Ticket number along with the issue description.

Let us know if you require any further help.

Regards,
Madhan M

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community