Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
denmarfl
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

MCAfee LiveSafe Internet Security

Jump to solution

I opened a Website I have been going to for years, now that LiveSafe is installed...the site opened....but at the top of the page in red was:

McAfee WebAdvisor, We tested this Page and Blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious sites.  Allow this content only if you're sure it      comes from safe sites.           Off to the right of this alert was a button VIEW ALL BLOCKED CONTENT

I clicked on the View all Blocked Content thinking it would have a selection to View this time only, View every time....and it did not. So now when that same page opens, the McAfee WebAdvisor does not display.

I contacted McAfee Support, asked how I would Reverse what I did so that WebAdvisor would display\Block Content on the site.  My thinking was when I clicked on View All Blocked Content that somewhere in the McAfee software the site was recorded as a Trusted site.  Support said this was a new feature in this version and they knew of it but had very little to no knowledge and couldn't assist me.  I asked for the next level of Support, no one was available.  I'm real impressed as you can imagine. 

Obviously when I clicked View all Blocked Content the site was recorded some place in the Software to avoid WebAdvisor from Blocking what it determines as questionable content.  I looked at Quarantined and Trusted Items, there nothing there.

Is there a way to reverse what I did so WebAdvisor will once again monitor and Block content of the site? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

Re: MCAfee LiveSafe Internet Security

Jump to solution

I am running Internet Explorer 11. Click on the ''White Cog Wheel" top right of the page. You will see McAfee WebAdvisor.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Moved to WebAdvisor.  That's just a cautionary warning and it can be reversed by opening WebAdvisor settings (click just to the right of the top bar icon) and you'll see Trusted Sites listed.

It means exactly what it says, View ALL blocked content....that doesn't mean anything is dangerous, just potentially so.   If there was real danger it would block you completely with a full page warning (which can also be over-ridden).

denmarfl
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

When I open LiveSafe....I cannot find WebAdvisor......to remove the site as Trusted......

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

I am running Internet Explorer 11. Click on the ''White Cog Wheel" top right of the page. You will see McAfee WebAdvisor.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Or if it's Firefox click as shown here in your browser window.

Capture.JPG

denmarfl
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

Thanks to both Ex_Brit and catdaddy...Found it......you both made me a little smarter today.  Isn't it amazing that McAfee Tech Support could not provide me with this information.....

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

Glad that all is okay now

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community