cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
8clints8
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Lost green check'd icon

When using Bing search engine, I used to have a "green check'd icon" at the end of the webpage title to ensure that it is safe to open.  As of a couple of weeks ago, I have no green icons..  Anyone know a fix for this. ?

5 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lost green check'd icon

Sorry for the delay in replying. I don't use Bing, so I waited for someone else who did to pick this up. No-one has, so I checked on a Bing search to try and replicate the problem.  I get the ratings markers, nothing wrong there.

What version of SiteAdvisor have you got, and what browser are you using (and what version is it?)

I do notice that in Bing I don't get the WOT rating symbols that I get in a Google search.

siteadvisor - Bing.png

8clints8
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thx for the reply.. Not sure what SiteAdvisor is..  I am running win7 with IE9 ..The MVT version is 6.0.0.0.. I checked Google and I have no markers there either.. red or green.. Everything work fine since day one and worked fine for a couple of months, but like I said, the markers fail to appear as of a couple of weeks ago.. Ran  Mcafee techscan (or whatever you call it)  and it says the system is fine..

spc3rd
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Hi 8clints8,

The SiteAdvisor is the part of the McAfee software which provides the green, yellow & red balloons you see beside websites shown when you do a search, indicating whether the site is rated safe, use caution, or unsafe (red balloon).  The SiteAdvisor icon should be shown at the top part of your browser; it is usually green, but may be gray-colored.  Do you see this icon in your toolbar & if so, what color is it?

To see what version of SiteAdvisor you have & when it was last updated, please do the following:

1.  Open the McAfee Security Center by right-clicking your mouse on the McAfee icon in your taskbar & select "Open McAfee Security Center" from the menu.

2.  At the top right of the Security Center screen, click on "Navigation."

3.  Look on the left side of the page displayed, and click on "About."

4.  Now, scroll down the list shown until you see SiteAdvisor,  The version and last time it was updated will be shown.  (This is also where you can view the current versions and last update for other parts of the McAfee software as well).

5.  When finished, exit from the Security Center.

The "Techscan" you refer to is MVT (McAfee Virtual Technician).

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/10/11 12:14:02 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/10/11 12:22:19 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/10/11 12:25:09 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/10/11 12:25:51 PM EDT

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 6/10/11 12:27:22 PM EDT
8clints8
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Hey Pete... A big thx .. I fixed it.. I right clicked on my tool bar and enabled the SiteAdvisor.. everything is working now..!!! 

Clint..

Message was edited by: 8clints8 on 6/10/11 11:28:10 AM CDT

Message was edited by: 8clints8 on 6/10/11 11:28:50 AM CDT
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

You're welcome Clint.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community