cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberhick
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Length of time for testing.

My site shows up as a minimal risk in trusted source however, in site advisor I get a 'we have tested millions of sites....' . I have requested a test approximately one month ago yet no results, how long does it take for a website to be tested? Any help!

Cheers,

D~

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Length of time for testing.

Unfortunately Site advisor does not give you a how far along bar so you can chart where they are up to. The rule of thumb is 14 days to 42 days so I hear so yours should be online soon. Never hurts to query them via the support@siteadvisor.com email address.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 24/11/12 5:24:46 PM
cyberhick
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Length of time for testing.

Thank you for the reply. I don't want to seem negative but in the security business, negative is imperative! When using the McAfee add-on in my browser I see that my website has a green checkmark(not limited to my site) yet when I go to site review I get the 'we have tested millions' . I suppose that the fact that trusted source reports my site as minimal risk is why I get the green checkmark, but this can contribute to a surfer's confusion.

Thank you once again,

D~

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community