cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mypoorsite
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Legitimate Website has Cautionary Rating

I recently noticed McAfee SiteAdvisor assigned a "Caution" rating to my blog "therooz.com".

I am very worried by this rating as I have not installed anything malicious on my site. Furthermore, I am worried that this rating could damage my professional reputation as the my blog is linked to my professional site.

Can you please advise how I go about getting a review of my blog, and possibly what may have caused this rating (so I may avoid it happening again in future)?

5 Replies
spc3rd
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: Legitimate Website has Cautionary Rating

Hello mypoorsite & welcome to the McAfee Community Forums!

Until some of our more knowledgeable forum members and Moderators can stop by to review your post, please review the information at the link below provided by Moderator Peter (aka Ex-Brit), which explains the rating process and how to appeal your site's current yellow rating to McAfee's SiteAdvisor (SA) staff:

https://community.mcafee.com/message/68874#6887

Also, I did a little preliminary checking.  On the Securi Site Check website, it does indicate your site being blacklisted by SiteAdvisor, but it also indicates the version of WordPress is out of date as well.  The WOT site has no information, and there doesn't APPEAR to be any malware issues...however, possible malware issues are better determined by the SA Tech Staff.  This WordPress issue could be at least partially responsible for the current yellow rating your site has.  To see the Securi Site check results page, please use the following link:

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/therooz.com

HTH and best regards,

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 12/7/12 5:24:54 AM EST

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 12/7/12 5:26:37 AM EST

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 12/7/12 5:27:32 AM EST

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 12/7/12 5:31:15 AM EST

Message was edited by: spc3rd on 12/7/12 5:33:38 AM EST
mypoorsite
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for your response spc3rd. I've updated WP... hopefully this will resolve the issue.

I will come back here periodically to check the status.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

The site is Green in SiteAdvisor and TrustedSource as of right now, but you need to upgrade the version of WordPress that you're using. You're on 3.3.1, you need to go to 3.3.2 to avoid being hit by known malware attacks.

Running outdated WordPress on an Apache server means the site may have been flagged because of vulnerabilities identified recently in both.

Message was edited by: Hayton on 07/12/12 15:24:40 GMT
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Sorry, I missed the relevant info in your earlier reply. If you stll see a problem after updating WordPress let us know.

mypoorsite
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Fantastic! spc3rd & Hayton, thank you kindly for your support in resolving this - much appreciated!

.... Now to find a way to change my username

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community