Message 41 of 58

Re: Latest firefox update and Site Advisor issues

Thank you.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 42 of 58

Someone from SiteAdvisor is monitoring these threads so the issue you reported has probably already been noted.

There is also another SA thread at https://community.mcafee.com/thread/37908?start=0&tstart=0 which is discussing various aspects of the new SA release, so keep an eye on that.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 43 of 58

I see the same as you and Peacekeeper in FF5 with SA 3.4 : put the address into the address bar and the site comes up (no blocking page) with the McAfee SA icon a stubborn grey. When I click on the link that Peacekeeper sent me I get a Red warning page and if I say Visit Anyway the icon here also is grey.

So there's something not right here, which I will report tomorrow.

jakfak
Former Member
Message 44 of 58

Just about every website I visit is shaded gray in SA, including this site.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 45 of 58

There appears to be a problem with Firefox 5 and 6 (which I now have) and SiteAdvisor 3.4 regarding incorrect flagging of websites - we are going to be discussing it on our conference call with McAfee at 4pm EDT today.

I see red flagged website popups as normal but if I proceed anyway the icon remains green, yet in IE9 it seemingly works as it should.  A gray icon can mean that either the site hasn't been assessed yet or the servers are temporarily unavailable.

jakfak the latter is probably the case here.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/08/11 3:34:07 EDT PM
newjack
Former Member
Message 46 of 58

I have been waiting for the fix for firefox.I was about to download site advisor 3.4 Are there problems with it right now?I am using WOT in firefox anyway.But since I Have Mcafee I might as well use it.But only if it is working.Also if it is working for the most part.If I delete the old site advisor.I will recieve 3.4 for firefox and IE?I don`t recall if I have to load them separate or not.Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 47 of 58

SiteAdvisor 3.4 which is what you'll get if you download is compatible with Firefox 5. 6 etc.  but we have discovered an issue with SA 3.4 where if you enter a dangerous URL in the address bar of any browser it supports it wont necessarily label the site dangerous.  Also in Firefox clicked hyperlinks that are risky will produce the standard warning but if you proceed to the site anyway the icon remains green.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/08/11 3:54:11 EDT PM

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/08/11 3:54:37 EDT PM
newjack
Former Member
Message 48 of 58

Thanks, So I guess It will just make sense to wait till tomorrow. That is the official release for firefox 6?Will it load in both of my Browsers?I don`t remember how it works again when doing them separately.When I tried to update site advisor for I E.It says I am up to date.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 49 of 58

newjack, I just downloaded SA 3.4 over the top of 3.3.1. That kept all my settings (trusted sites and so on).

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 50 of 58

newjack wrote:

Thanks, So I guess It will just make sense to wait till tomorrow. That is the official release for firefox 6?Will it load in both of my Browsers?I don`t remember how it works again when doing them separately.When I tried to update site advisor for I E.It says I am up to date.

It loads in all applicable browsers. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community