Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
storm2154
Former Member
Message 31 of 58

Re: Latest firefox update and Site Advisor issues

Hi,

I updated Site Advisor 3.4 version and white it appears to work fine I have noticed that when I go to un trusted sites I don't the warning page which is all lit up in red and say WHOA!! waring me about the site. Also, the mcafee logo on the tool bar does not turn RED it turns grey. Will you please let me know.

BTW: My settings have been set to rate sites i.e. the recommended option.

Many thanks.

Ian.

Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 58

Hmm tried a site and it gave a whoo yellow warning  and yes searched for a red 1 and it  showed a red whoo popup so appears to be working.

PM me the site and I will try it

Peacekeeper
Message 33 of 58

Thanks for the requested PM

The site definately showed red for me. A google search also showed red crosses for a search for the site minus the www part.

Are you seeing any red warnings? Sounds like a corrupted install consider reinstalling it maybe.

storm2154
Former Member
Message 34 of 58

thanks...yes saw a red x in google search. but when i go to website from the site whic is bookmarked i get the result

i mentioned earlier i.e. it goes to the site and mcafee is a grey colour not red.

Peacekeeper
Message 35 of 58

Ok got that as well typed in the link and went to grey site. Clicked on your PM link and red warning.

Flagged this for hayton he knows SA better

storm2154
Former Member
Message 36 of 58

Thank you

rickobsitnik
Former Member
Message 37 of 58

well a reboot resolved the issue.  the beta is working!  thanks peace!

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 38 of 58

Peacekeeper sent me a link by PM to try out. I still don't have Firefox working after the PC crash but I tried it in Chrome and it looks as if the SiteAdvisor blocking mechanism may be faulty, or at least inconsistent. From the clickable link I got the Red SA warning page but entering the URL in the address bar took me straight to the site with no warning, although the McAfee SiteAdvisor symbol glowed red. So in Chrome it shows red, not grey. In Internet Explorer it also goes to the site but with a red warning symbol which says the site is red because it links to RapidShare.

storm2154
Former Member
Message 39 of 58

Thanks Hayton.

The url you got in the PM is the one I sent to Peacekeeper.

Given that you got the same issue and you indicated that the Site Advisor blocking mechanism my be faulty, or inconsistent...what happens next...i.e. how do I report the issue to McAfee Site Avisor Programmers?

Thanks,

Ian.

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 40 of 58

Wait a bit. I'm still playing catch-up, I need to get Firefox back up and download the latest SiteAdvisor so I can check that the problem is still there. If it persists I'll try to get the attention of the SiteAdvisor team - which might take a while, they're pretty busy at the moment.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community