cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crimsonmoon
Former Member
Message 1 of 22

Is this site really blacklisted?

Hello and a pleasant evening to all of you, I've become quite paranoid since i've accidentally clicked a website ad by MSN that has been blacklisted by mcafee as unsafe.

the website is as follows: 3dgames .org. Can someone re-check this please? a site scan using virustotal shows it's clean. however also using sucuri it appears as "malicious" as mcafee and no other av flagged it and has blacklisted it.

someone please help.. i'm really worried right now.

21 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 22

Re: Is this site really blacklisted?

Hi,

The site report is here:   http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/site/default.aspx?url=http://www.3dgames.org/  and I see that it was assessed some years ago.

So the site owner needs to apply to Trusted Source for a re-assessment.  I saw no obvious reason for it remaining off-limits when I went to the website itself.

See:

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 22

​,

When attempting to access the following McAfee – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search  It displays as Malicious. However when attempting to access (Unity.3dgames.org) it is rated as safe? http://www.mcafee.com/threat-intelligence/site/default.aspx?url=http://3d-games.org/

One can simply 'Google ' it to see the discrepancy.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
crimsonmoon
Former Member
Message 4 of 22

So your saying it is indeed a false that there is something wrong with the website correct?

crimsonmoon
Former Member
Message 5 of 22

Hello, and thanks a lot for clarifying! I was really troubled there.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 22

It all depends on which specific Site you are referring to basically. I would still submit the (Individual) Site you are referring to, as suggested.

All the Best

Cliff

Intel/McAfee

Community Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
crimsonmoon
Former Member
Message 7 of 22

im referring to the first one 3dgames.org

which was as said by exbrit was assesed years ago. can it be re-assesed? I just want to make sure i didn't catch a virus.

it isn't flagged by other AV's anymore too.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 22

Please refer to my post # 2, as it clearly displays a 'Prompt ' with a 'Warning by Web Advisor. Again if you look at the other Site Report, which is different to what you are referring to, it is considered safe.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
crimsonmoon
Former Member
Message 9 of 22

I don't really understand what you are pointing out from that post. my apologies. are you pointing out that they are most likely the same website? and the other is a conterfeit website?

crimsonmoon
Former Member
Message 10 of 22

I did come across that prompt from mcafee when I accidentally clicked the ad by msn that's why I came here to clarify if it is really a current blacklisted website or not since it is not flagged by other AV's only by mcafee.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community