cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greebley
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Is site adviser removing my completely valid images?

The program site advisor got loaded on my comp recently and now I am getting images replaced by McAfee default image. These are completely innocent images too - examples include arrow to go to the next page, some putting some cookies into the oven, etc.

There seemed to be no way to turn this off other than turning off the advisor, but then the advisor turns on again ruining web pages.

The 'site recommendation' seemed marginally useful, so before I uninstall it, I thought it worth asking about it.

I was suprised noone else is bothered by this, at least I couldn't find a post on it.

Hmm... actually one image isn't appearing even with site advisor turned off. If it isn't site advisor doing it, please tell me what is.

Example image is on the order of the stick comic page:
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0515.html

On the top some presumably perfectly harmless image is being not shown.

Other examples was a comic of baking cookies and another comic had its arrows missing. Some road race web page had a picture of the organisers not working.
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

RE: Is site adviser removing my completely valid images?

No, it's your Parental Controls feature, as part of Privacy Service, that's doing that.

See: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=216459
Greebley
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thanks

Thanks, that gave me the lead I needed to find how to turn it off.

Odd that some the images seemed to start working the second time I visited a site (After turning off site advisor which is what led me astray).
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

RE: Is site adviser removing my completely valid images?

Odd I agree, but I have no explanation for that, sorry.
Kurunglu
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Re: RE: Is site adviser removing my completely valid images?

Hi, i too have images not showing on web browser. I have McAfee LiveSafe. How do i disable parental control ? Thanks... 

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 6

Re: RE: Is site adviser removing my completely valid images?

This is a very old thread and McAfee versions have changed heaps since then. Try what I suggested in your main thread re this.

Have you got safe family active?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community