Message 11 of 19

Re: Is SiteAdvisor down today?

Have you tried a reboot?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 19

Another thought.....I do get them from time to time....

Go to Start/Run and type in services.msc and hit Enter.  OK any UAC prompts in Vista/Windows 7

Look for McAfee SiteAdvisor and make sure it's started and automatic.

Just as a test, with it highlighted try clicking Restart at the top left.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/3/09 2:29 PM
georgieb
Former Member
Message 13 of 19

Ex-Brit....Wasn't sure why your first suggestion, but your advice usually sound so gave it a shot & "No", reboot since today's "silent" McAfee update of SA did not resolve. Also, through a different door, went to SA & did restart (though it was already running & set to Automatic); still no change. Ironic that I had this exact same problem almostly exactly one year ago which you assisted me with. Bottom line....I uninstalled & reinstalled McAfee Suite back then & was left alone until now. What is strange is that I recall that last year the SA update was reflecting "1969"; is there a test version floating out there? I also find it odd that the download I perform from McAfee gives me 2.8 & the Automatic causing problems give 3.0 (quite the leap). I won't uninstall/reinstall again just yet, in case you have any other thoughts.

It has been my experience that I cannot uniquely install "only" Site Advisor from the McAfee site - it assumes I want to "uninstall everything else" so I end up having to completely reinstall McAfee - not in a rush to do so again, nor every other day, as cause of problem still not known. Txs for any thought/insights. GB

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 19

I have no idea then, sorry.  You might want to give Technical Support Chat a try.  Otherwise temporarily disable it and see if time will tell.  I find sometimes a few days and things correct themselves.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 15 of 19

Hi all.

Just started watching this product in the community. My role in McAfee is to process articles and one of those products is SiteAdvisor Enterprise. There is a known issue with SAE Plus 3.0 that is documented to be resolved in SAE Plus 3.0 Patch 1. This is due for release later this month. IF you not using the proxy settings then this will not be applicable.

For details on this issue refer to:

KB67405 - SiteAdvisor Enterprise 3.0 displaying the disconnected icon (grey icon) in the browser toolbar when configured to use browser proxy server settings

To access this article go to the McAfee ServicePortal (http://mysupport.mcafee.com) and search for KnowledgeBase article KB67405

If this is not your solution then I advise you use the following article to gather what you need and then contact McAfee Technical Support.

KB67506- How to enable debug logging in SiteAdvisor Enterprise Plus 3.0

All the best

Kevin
Knowledge Analyst (Global Online Services)
KnowledgeBase: http://mysupport.mcafee.com

anilk0512
Former Member
Message 16 of 19

HI,

iam also fase the same issue but only one different that, Siteadvisor down after update the JAVA sit suport(Java relice new update today)..

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 19

Thanks but this is the consumer product we are discussing here.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 18 of 19

I do apologize. I spotted someone mention 3.0 which misled me for a moment. now I will leave you all in peace. I will take more care to see what channel I am in next time.

Kev

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 19

Kev, might it still have something to do with it though?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community