cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kidd
Former Member
Message 1 of 19

Is SiteAdvisor down today?

I've noticed SiteAdvisor Greyed out today, is it down today? Using XP SP3 - Firefox 3.5.5.

Also greyed out in IE.

18 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 19

Re: Is SiteAdvisor down today?

Mine's OK at the moment.  Perhaps the server for your area is down.

Kidd
Former Member
Message 3 of 19

Thanks Ex_Brit, I'll keep an eye on it.

TomTinsley
Former Member
Message 4 of 19

Looks like something is happening to some computers and not others.  My wifes (Windows XP Home) PC SiteAdvisor is working.  My (Windows 7 64 bit) is not.  Any Ideas?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 19

Sorry, I have no ideas other than local server glitches.

TomTinsley
Former Member
Message 6 of 19

I just removed and reinstalled McAfee Total Protection.  SiteAdvisor works now.  However it is the 2.8 version.  Tried the update and it says I am up to date.  I know I had SiteAdvisor 3.0 before.  Are you sure support is communicating well with you?

Message was edited by: TomTinsley on 12/2/09 8:56 AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 19

I'm only relating my experience with it over the years - the grey business happens from time to time.

regarding the version - the download always gives a slightly older version, it will update silently.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/3/09 4:34 AM
Kidd
Former Member
Message 8 of 19

All's back to normal I downloaded v 3.0.1.159_1 and its green again Only thing is , I use the zoom feature on Firefox

and noticed that this version zooms the green box, sometimes off the screen but I can live with that.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 19

If it's not one thing, it's another....!!  Well at least it's working, sort of.

All the best.

georgieb
Former Member
Message 10 of 19

I'm in the same situation as "TomTinsley". Two days ago I did an uninstall reinstall for the same reasons (posted separate item on the subject "FYI if Site Advisor Greyed Out"), which resolved my problem. Today, once again McAfee has (as you say Ex Brit) "silently" updated me to version 3.0 (from 2.8) & Site Advisor is once again "grey". I find it odd that the update/version date reflected for SA is 31/12/1969 (as before) ????. I doubt server up or down has anything to do with this. I could uninstall/reinstall again but suspect will be undone again in a few days. Suggestions ?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community