Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukesmall
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Installed by a 3rd party

Jump to solution

Hiya!

In my Google chrome, the extensions listed siteadvisor is 3.60.126.1  Installed by a 3rd party. Who is the  3rd party? Pls advise? Is it  Mcafee or someone  else hacked into my system?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lukesmall
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Re: Installed by a 3rd party

Jump to solution

I still having some problem with my system so sorry about the very late reply to Hayton and  Karthiks.

installed by 3rd party.jpg

View solution in original post

5 Replies
karthiks
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Lukesmall,

It specifies the McAfee as a 3rd party, if you add some extensions it will be considered as a third party extensions. So no worries

Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

But be aware that Chrome have recently changed the rules. Anything that doesn't come from the Chrome Store will not only be flagged as "from a third party" but will also be automatically disabled; if you check your extensions and see that's the case you just need to re-enable it.

karthiks
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Good to know this info Hayton,  

karthiks
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Lukesmall,

Could you please post the screen shot of the site advisor extension, so that everybody aware of this situation

lukesmall
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

I still having some problem with my system so sorry about the very late reply to Hayton and  Karthiks.

installed by 3rd party.jpg

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community