Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertHF
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Image removal?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently posted this question about a problem I was having with McAfee WebAdvisor wrongly marking my website as dangerous. Everything was resolved, but now I'm finding that the image I posted is turning up in Google images when I do a web search for my product. Is it possible to have this image deleted from the McAfee forums?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Re: Image removal?

Jump to solution

Hi @RobertHF

The image has been deleted from the post.If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

View solution in original post

3 Replies
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @RobertHF

The image has been removed.

Cheers!

Siddhartha.R

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

RobertHF
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks very much for removing the image. Can you tell me if the image has been deleted or just hidden?

The reason I ask is that I also had to contact Google to get it removed from their search results. Normally a precondition of this is that the image needs to have been removed by the image owner (i.e. McaFee), but the link they have to the image still seems to be valid. However, regardless of that they appear to have removed it from their search results. So everything's fine for the moment, but I'm just a little bit concerned that the image may be crawled again by Google in the future.

Can you tell me if the image has actually been deleted?

Many thanks for your help.

siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @RobertHF

The image has been deleted from the post.If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards,

Siddhartha.R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community