Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swaff
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

IE7 - Add on issue from Site

Hi,

When we go to the following site, http://nintendo8.com/game/495/dr._mario/ we have an issue where IE7 aborts the session and posts the following error....

Internet explorere has encountered a problem with an add-on and needs to close

add on - McIEPLG.dll
Comapny name - McAfee
Description - SiteAdvisor

There is nothing else in the error description. NO offset or anything.

The web page works, I have verified with both my children that it is okay from there p.c's. They both run McAfee as well, and we have verified versions etc.

Please assist.
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: IE7 - Add on issue from Site

I just checked it in both IE8 and Firefox and it worked OK for me. I don't have any systems left with IE7 still in use, sorry.

That page is powered by Java so it may be simply that you need to update that which can be done here: http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Go to Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs (Programs/Uninstall a Program in Vista) and ensure that any older versions are uninstalled.

Also make sure that Siteadvisor is not in "Protected Mode" which prevents certain sites displaying properly. It depends on your SA version whether or not you have that feature. To access it click just to the right of the icon.

What happens if you disable SiteAdvisor? (You can do that in the same place).
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community