cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cutesoso86
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

I don't want to download the webadivsor

I'm trying a open website that I visited before, I get the warning "trouble ahead", I click on accept the risk and it still won't open the page, it only directs me to download the webadvisor, how do I ignore this and go the site without downloading

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: I don't want to download the webadivsor

​,

What Version/Build of McAfee are you using? Go to your Control Panel/Programs and Features/Check for (McAfee Security Scan Plus)/Remove/Restart. Please inform us if that resolved your problem. If not, we can continue to move forward.

Also a (Screenshot) of the Warning would better determine what is causing your issue.

Thank you

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
anlucas
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I am having the same issue.  It's a website I visit frequently to check my children's grades for the school district.  This just started happening.  When I click accept risk, it takes me to a page to download McAfee, which I already have installed.Picture2.png

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

That is not the same as the original poster's complaint.  You must already have WebAdvisor installed and due to some problem with the web page you visit it is warning you, but you can can continue to the web page if you accept the risk.

It is up to the website owner to fix whatever the problem is.

To , a browser protector such as WebAdvisor is recommended simply for your own safety.  The web is a dangerous place, especially nowadays.

However you could check your Programs and Features (in Control Panel) to see if an advertising feature called McAfee Security Scan Plus has been installed.

It comes as an optional extra with many 3rd party software downloads, especially Adobe Products.

If listed, uninstall it.

yar1182
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

I've been having a similar issue with WebAdviser. In Chrome the "accept the risk" option does not function properly and just loops you back to the WebAdviser page. For some reason when I switch browsers to Firefox the "accept the risk" option is functional.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

You could try removing from your Control panel/Programs and Features/Restart. Then download and re-install from the Chrome App Store.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community