Did you mean: 
YoKenny
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

I do NOT want the Yahoo Toolbar

I do NOT want the Yahoo Toolbar! :eek:

Not now!

Not EVER! :mad:

You make me have to do un-natural acts and want to start kow·towing to unknown &Deities in order for just a plain and simple McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar

I just purchased a 3 system license and now I have to figure out how to use it.
5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

RE: I do NOT want the Yahoo Toolbar

The option not to install it is given early on in the process. Just uninstall it like any other program.
Rank_Outsider
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I declined but it installed anyway

I declined to install the toolbar during an 'update' notification one day after installing McAfee, but it installed the toolbar anyway.

The same thing happened to my colleague. This sort of behaviour is typical of spyware/malware etc.

Another colleague accepted the update thinking they were being good by accepting all virus checker updates (to keep their system free from attack). They then had no clue where this mystery toolbar had appeared from, and thought they had spyware on their system.

Why would anyone expect a virus checker/firewall update to install a toolbar in any case?
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

RE: I declined but it installed anyway

Check this
Rank_Outsider
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

RE: I declined but it installed anyway

Thanks Vinrod_r2, I tried the removal instructions you suggested but the option "Enable Secure Search Box" is not present at all. All the other options in the screenshot are present, but not that one.

I'm very unhappy with McAfee for foisting this toolbar on me. I specifically deselected all the options during the SiteAdvisor upgrade and it installed it anyway. Now I have no option to deselect it via the settings that should allow me to.

I have disabled the toolbar via Manage Add-Ons (IE7), although I have now lost SiteAdvisor too.
phantazm
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Which version is the new one?

"SiteAdvisor 2.9 includes multiple enhanced secure search features"

Sounds nice enough, but when I checked my own version I'm told this:

I already have the latest version. My version is 2.8.304

Eh, it can't both be right, or have I missed a point..?

http://community.mcafee.com/images/smilies/confused.gif
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community