cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toomuchdamagefr
Former Member
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

I Had, Finally, After Wondering What was Happening, a McAfee "Whoaa!!" Window Show Up After I Couldn't Enter Google Docs

I've been an outlyer unable to do lots of stuff Google,

such as simply loading Google Docs, an event that could be

life-threatenting (finally a McAfee "Whoaa!!" window showed

itself as the culprit--I clicked "Vist Anyway,")  but also things that

now I have to wonder if McAfee is the root cause of:

loading a sites.google.com editor, seeing a website of my own creation

that everyone else I know could see...

I've had to lose a half a Saturday re-instating coverage with the expiration

of every imaginable supplanted McAfee program--delete it yourself

and you risk losing another half day.

After getting passed from 3 or 4 people to one who finally resolves it, I don't

dare delete the offending earlier program lest I lose another 1/4 weekend.

Do you know whether McAfee extends refunds?

Are they the new 3 Stooges?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUcIeiaIQrs

4 Replies
exbrit
Esteemed Contributor III
Message 2 of 5

Re: I Had, Finally, After Wondering What was Happening, a McAfee "Whoaa!!" Window Show Up After I Couldn't Enter Google Docs

I moved this to SiteAdvisor as I think that's what you are referring to although it isn't very clear exactly what the problem is.

What is it your trying to uninstall (I assume you mean uninstall as deleting stuff is not the right way to go)?

McAfee gladly makes refunds within a reasonable time from purchase date, but you would have to contact Customer Service for your area to ask that question.

They are a toll-free phone call away:  http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=CS&pt=1&st=PHONE

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 27/08/11 2:04:08 EDT PM
kellykimble
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Re: I Had, Finally, After Wondering What was Happening, a McAfee "Whoaa!!" Window Show Up After I Couldn't Enter Google Docs

Hi,

I have a similar problem.  I am getting the "WHOA!" error when going to docs.google.com.  Sit Advisor is warning me that the site was tested and was unsafe.  Why would it say that about Google Docs?  I tried both Chrome and IE-64.  Both get the same page.  I suspect Site Advisor is hosed or something.

This is the Site Advisor link/Error:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/phishing.html?domain=https:%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2F%3Ftab=mo%26authuser=0...

exbrit
Esteemed Contributor III
Message 4 of 5

Then it's up to Google or whomever controls the website to ensure that they clear it with SiteAdvisor.  Meanwhile you can click 'Visit Anyway'.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 28/08/11 7:05:16 EDT PM
Hayton
Honored Contributor III
Message 5 of 5

fwiw, I took the "docs.google.com" url and entered it into Chrome, and it went straight to the login page without any SiteAdvisor intervention whatsoever. The url of the SiteAdvisor blocking page that kellykimble provides brings up a page with the following site id information -

McAfee SiteAdvisor Software – Website Safety Ratings and Secure Search.png

So perhaps "tab=mo" and "authuser=0" may be significant. Entering the url in the line above into Google Safe Browsing shows that there has been one instance in the past few weeks of malware being downloaded from docs.google.com -

Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page for docs.google.com.png

- which, again, may be significant.

As for the OP's question about sites.google.com, surely that is something to be taken up with Google. Nothing to do with McAfee as far as I can see.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community