cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sighing
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

How to stop WebAdvisor Pop Up at the top of my Chrome home screen every time I open it

How do I stop the WebAdvisor Pop Up banner appearing at the top of my Chrome home screen every time I open it. I have to click the 'x' n it to close it every time.

BTW, my version of WebAdvisor was updated on 30th May 2017.

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: How to stop WebAdvisor Pop Up at the top of my Chrome home screen every time I open it

Best to watch the original thread Mcafee is looking into this issue.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 4

Re: How to stop WebAdvisor Pop Up at the top of my Chrome home screen every time I open it

What version of Chrome is it the same as the technician selvan has and mentioned in the original thread

cider51cider
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Ive got exactly the same problem and the only way ive found to stop it is to switch it off.

In control panel of your computer

Double click Programs and features (or Add/Remove Programs)

Select McAfee WebAdvisor (or McAfee SiteAdvisor) from the list

Click Uninstall/Change or Remove

When prompted select only the checkbox next to SiteAdvisor (or McAfee WebAdvisor)

Click Uninstall (or Remove)

It will warn you that you are doing something drastic and the reason why, its up to you.

Im suprised McAfee cant solve this annoying problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community